Mk II yaw string

Old September 1st 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Warren

Default Mk II yaw string

Looking for "bumper"....I need to send information on his Mk II yaw
string to a sailplane enthusiast in Kansas. I did a search on this
site but couldn't find anything. Thanks for you help.

Warren Evans

Old September 1st 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:28:33 -0700 (PDT), Warren
wrote:

Looking for "bumper"....I need to send information on his Mk II yaw
string to a sailplane enthusiast in Kansas. I did a search on this
site but couldn't find anything. Thanks for you help.

Warren Evans

isnt the mk1 version a tetleys tea bag string?
you're allowed to use twinings earl grey string if you cant stand the
tetleys.

Stealth Pilot
Old September 1st 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZZ

The Mk ll is old technology. I just bought the latest Mk lV for $300 on
Wangs & Wobbles.

Paul
ZZ

Old September 2nd 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

The yaw string in question is now up to model MKIV. The string is
made out of the gizard of a mature sandhill crane and is know to
actively point to thermals (but you have to slip like hell to get
there).

See the MKIII in action at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCPMAAF7pMg.
Old September 2nd 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Did you get the patch for it yet? It doesn't work right in a crosswind
without the patch. It is available at SawYou.com for $29.00.

Old September 2nd 09, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soardawg

Warren wrote:
Looking for "bumper"....I need to send information on his Mk II yaw
string to a sailplane enthusiast in Kansas. *I did a search on this
site but couldn't find anything. Thanks for you help.

Warren Evans- Hide quoted text -

I hear that there is a profuse review on the Numlus Soaring Supplies
site and a 190 page manual written by the servant.

Old September 2nd 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_2_]

On Aug 31, 8:28*pm, Warren wrote:
Looking for "bumper"....I need to send information on his Mk II yaw
string to a sailplane enthusiast in Kansas. *I did a search on this
site but couldn't find anything. Thanks for you help.

Warren Evans

Warren,

Send me an email at:

bumperm at

followed by

att dot net

I'll send you all the ordering info for the MKIV yaw string (still
only $10, even though it is made for the very rare, endangered, and
expensive gizard of the Sandhill Crane). Well, in the interest of
honesty, it might be made out of man made synthetic gizard.

bumper

Old September 2nd 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Bumper - Sure glad to hear about the gizard switch. I had a scary
visited yesterday from Guido Sarducci of the Chicago office of the
ASSCLA (Affiliated Society of Sandhill Crane Lovers of America) due to
your transgressions. He said you were going to "...sleep with the
zebra mussels..." if you didn't change your ways.
Old September 2nd 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

bumper wrote:
I'll send you all the ordering info for the MKIV yaw string (still
only $10, even though it is made for the very rare, endangered, and
expensive gizard of the Sandhill Crane). Well, in the interest of
honesty, it might be made out of man made synthetic gizard.

Nonetheless, an *authentic* synthetic gizzard!

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* Sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

MKIII yaw string sale bumper Soaring 38 November 28th 15 03:22 PM
Clear Yaw string tape? Bruno Soaring 42 August 30th 13 05:56 PM
Wikipedia:Yaw string Doug Haluza Soaring 18 January 30th 07 02:52 PM
Yaw String in a Spin John Galloway Soaring 52 January 21st 05 10:14 PM
Yaw String refference - Spinning Vassilios Mazis Soaring 1 January 18th 05 07:30 AM