MH370: Malaysia releases satellite analysis

Old March 26th 14, 12:51 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
LP[_2_]

Default MH370: Malaysia releases satellite analysis

"Government Shill #2" wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:33:05 -0500, "LP" wrote:

wrote:
On 03/25/2014 11:04 AM, LP wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...a-live-updates

I'm wondering why all the secrecy in the first ten days, if this is the
outcome. Why was the transponder initially turned off, if it wasn't a
hijacking or crazy pilot suicide plot? Any ideas or theories?

Everything I saw about the pilot didn't sell me on the suicide bit. How
about the crew struggling to fly an unfylable maybe depressurized
airplane, or passed out? Secrecy? We have NOTHING but alleged opinion,
no pieces, no bodies, no verifiable DNA, no NOTHING. I'll wait for facts
and data and until then everything stays on the table.

I agree that there are more questions than answers, but I can't think of
one
reason to turn off the transponder if my plane is on fire, depressurized,
etc.

If the fire was in the transponder, or something effecting the power
supply to
the transponder... or the depressurisation was caused by the transponder
antenna
ripping out and leaving a hole in the fuselage...?

There's a couple of reasons. Just tossing out some crazy ideas.

Thanks for brainstorming for a reason. Seems more than we have got from the
media. This morning on abc was all about what the ping sounded like on a
real black box. guffaw Just the facts, please, if you can find them abc.

At this stage, my money is on the systems being deliberately switched of
by
person, or persons, unknown. This is based on wild eyed guesswork on my
part.

I find it strange that it supposedly flew for over 7 hours total. With
submarines all over the Indian Ocean, you would think they would have picked
up the ping on the box.

LP

Old March 26th 14, 01:06 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
LP[_2_]

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Why crash location is hard to pinpoint
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 probably crashed 17 days ago. But no floating
debris has been found. 'We're not searching for a needle in a haystack,'
said Australia's deputy defense chief. 'We're still trying to define where
the haystack is.'

By Rod McGuirk, Associated Press / March 25, 2014

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Lates...rd-to-pinpoint

Old March 26th 14, 01:55 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Government Shill #2

wrote:
On 03/25/2014 11:04 AM, LP wrote:
[...]

The Indian Ocean is a BIG place.

73,556,000 kmē = Indian Ocean
9,826,675 kmē = USA

Old March 26th 14, 02:12 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
LP[_2_]

wrote:
On 03/25/2014 11:04 AM, LP wrote:
[...]

Yes, I do realize how big the Indian Ocean is, I've been on Google Earth
before it was called that. When you pull it up, almost the entire picture
is water.

I wonder how far out the Boeing 777-200's ping will sound?

LP

Old March 26th 14, 02:17 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Government Shill #2

wrote:
On 03/25/2014 11:04 AM, LP wrote:
[...]

http://bit.ly/1l2yVGb

"The quoted maximum detection range is 2-3km"
http://www.hydro-international.com/i...Retrieval.html

Given the local water depth is 3,000 ~ 7,000 metres (3km~7km) it might be hard
to find?!?!

Shill #2
--
Great Tarverisms #5

The pitot tube was added to the first American jets to prevent the
kind of failures that killed an entire squadron off Florida. Without
P1 and T0 a jet will stall in fog.

Thanks to both of you for playing.

John

rec.aviation.military
Old March 26th 14, 02:29 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
LP[_2_]

wrote:
On 03/25/2014 11:04 AM, LP wrote:
[...]

Heh, I've done that to others, doh!

"The quoted maximum detection range is 2-3km"
http://www.hydro-international.com/i...Retrieval.html

Given the local water depth is 3,000 ~ 7,000 metres (3km~7km) it might be
hard
to find?!?!

Wow, needle in a haystack!

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-...326-zqmzg.html

LP

Old March 26th 14, 02:52 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Daryl[_3_]

wrote:
On 03/25/2014 11:04 AM, LP wrote:
[...]

You don't have any idea just how large the Pacific Ocean is. They could
have easily lost power or had problems with the avionics and had to pull
the circuit breakers which would turn off the IFF and locators. You not
only went dark to everyone else, you may find yourself lost over a few
hundreds of thousands of water with no land in sight. You are also over
an ocean that is something like 23,000 miles deep. The locators onboard
that still are working are dark as well after so many miles of ocean
insulates the signal.

Even if they find wreckage, that may be found hundreds or even a
thousand miles away and there is no way to track it back to the crash
sight.

There is a greater chance of not ever finding where it went down than
finding where it went down.

--
Visit http://droopyvids.com for free TV and Movies. One of
the Largest Collections of Public Domain and Classic TV on
Old March 26th 14, 03:01 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Government Shill #2

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:52:43 -0600, Daryl wrote:

You are also over an ocean that is something like 23,000 miles deep.

I've told you a MILLION times, do not exaggerate!

Shill #2
--
I am so smart...S.M.R.T.
Homer J. Simpson
Old March 26th 14, 03:03 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Daryl[_3_]

On 3/25/2014 9:01 PM, Government Shill #2 wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:52:43 -0600, Daryl wrote:

You are also over an ocean that is something like 23,000 miles deep.

I've told you a MILLION times, do not exaggerate!

Shill #2
--
I am so smart...S.M.R.T.
Homer J. Simpson

Change that to feet.

Old March 26th 14, 03:12 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting
Government Shill #2

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:03:32 -0600, Daryl wrote:

On 3/25/2014 9:01 PM, Government Shill #2 wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:52:43 -0600, Daryl wrote:

You are also over an ocean that is something like 23,000 miles deep.

I've told you a MILLION times, do not exaggerate!

Shill #2

Change that to feet.

Got it.

Shill #2