LX Adapter Cable

Old March 17th 16, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LX Adapter Cable

My new (to me) Stemme has an LS7007 Pro IGC installed but no data bases
loaded. I see a 5-pin DIN connector on the panel near the control head
but no cable came with the aircraft. Does anyone out there have a spare
that they would like to sell or donate to the cause?
--
Dan, 5J

Old March 17th 16, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 2:51:34 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
My new (to me) Stemme has an LS7007 Pro IGC installed but no data
bases loaded.* I see a 5-pin DIN connector on the panel near the
control head but no cable came with the aircraft.* Does anyone out
there have a spare that they would like to sell or donate to the
cause?

--

Dan, 5J

Call Craggy Aero he will get you one.
Old March 18th 16, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

I guess your not bringing the Stemme to Roach Lake next month?
BillT
Old March 18th 16, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Gough[_2_]

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 2:51:34 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
My new (to me) Stemme has an LS7007 Pro IGC installed but no data
bases loaded.* I see a 5-pin DIN connector on the panel near the
control head but no cable came with the aircraft.* Does anyone out
there have a spare that they would like to sell or donate to the
cause?

--

Dan, 5J

If you made a typo and you actually have an LX7007 then you do not need a cable. Files are loaded on an SD card.

www.lxnavigation.com/manuals/

Old March 18th 16, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Probably not the Stemme, but, if I still have my LAK-17a I'll probably
bring that just to enjoy the camaraderie, the bon fire, and the pot luck
dinner. Not to mention the howling good time with the ground launches!

Old March 18th 16, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It was a typo. It's an LX-7007 Pro IGC. I didn't see any obvious card
reader slot but there is a 5-pin DIN connector (male pins) on the panel
next to the computer. If there's a card reader that plugs in to that
connector, I guess I need to find one since I haven't found one in the
ship. I've asked the previous owner (a corporation in Mexico) to look
for the box that the computer came in (not originally in the glider when
new) and send it to me.

Old March 18th 16, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 1:20:14 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

Go to.... http://www.lxnavigation.com/manuals/ , about 2/3 of the way down is the manual for your unit.
It also states that all units shipped AFTER September 2006 have the SD card slot, is your's does not have one it's an "easy upgrade".

They also state that a "PC compatible comm cable" is available in any PC store.

Late in the manual (~pg 100) they go over various connections for PC, PDA & SD card.

Hope this helps.
Old March 18th 16, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZP

There is a remote chance I might have the cable you need. I'll check tonight. I sold my LX7007 and never installed that connector (since it had the SD slot) so it may be in my garage.
Old March 18th 16, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks Charlie,

I've been in the manual and have been looking online for the cable. I'll
give a call to Craggy, Wings, or Cumulus. My unit does not have a built
in card slot, but a 5-pin DIN connector on the panel.

Dan

Old March 19th 16, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 2:51:34 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
My new (to me) Stemme has an LS7007 Pro IGC installed but no data
bases loaded.* I see a 5-pin DIN connector on the panel near the
control head but no cable came with the aircraft.* Does anyone out
there have a spare that they would like to sell or donate to the
cause?

--

Dan, 5J

Dan, I have one I can loan you.