SSA Eagle Fund Appeal 2017

Old December 28th 17, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SSA Eagle Fund Appeal 2017

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 11:21:17 AM UTC-5, Retting wrote:
Hey.....put a trailer vent in it......no crying ..... the man is asking for support to the Eagle fund.
Give $100, claim $1000. Nobody checks.

CPA

Maybe do it because it is the right thing to do and makes you feel good doing good. That's what I did.
Better reason than tax strategy in my view.
UH
Old December 29th 17, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Excellent point - I just gave. Hopefully the AMT doesn't get me, but it's a good cause regardless.

Old December 30th 17, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 1:39:38 AM UTC-8, Andy Blackburn wrote:
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 8:43:13 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 7:25:30 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Gee, I was worried about what to do with my tax "windfall," but I think I will just go wild and buy a package of the Double Thick Oreos instead of the standard skinny ones. Trying to make a living selling glider equipment doesn't exactly make me spend a lot of time deciding between a Ventus 3 and a JS-3. If I suddenly get wealthy enough to donate to charity, it will probably five bucks to the guy at the intersection with the cardboard sign. But only if there aren't any misspelled words.

Oh, I see we have yet ANOTHER tax cut "denier." I challenge you to take your last tax return and see how much your savings will be using any one of a number of tax calculators such as https://www.calcxml.com/calculators/...orm-calculator. If you are REALLY brave, report back to us with the results! BTW, my personal tax cut is about $2,700.

Tom

Run it in California Tom - or New York, or New Jersey. The loss in the SALT deduction more than offsets the lower rates, slightly higher brackets, or the standard deduction if you don't have mortgage interest to deduct. It doesn't take much calculating to figure out where a 2.4% drop in the top marginal rate is overwhelmed by a $10,000 cap on the SALT deduction, which today is effectively a 4-5% tax rebate (even more if you pay property taxes). My taxes are going up a lot.

Andy,

NINETY FIVE PERCENT of Americans are getting a tax cut. If you are in the 5% group and are a wealthy person living in those states you mention: GOOD LUCK! You will pay for your tax increase thru your wealth gains.
Old December 30th 17, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 5:24:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Not "denying" the tax cut. I just don't make enough for any tax cut to have much of an effect on my bottom line.

Here's hoping that your customers, who are getting a tax cut, will buy more of your products. And I AM being serious!

Tom
Old December 30th 17, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 8:21:17 AM UTC-8, Retting wrote:
Hey.....put a trailer vent in it......no crying ..... the man is asking for support to the Eagle fund.
Give $100, claim $1000. Nobody checks.

CPA

You ARE a "CPA?" Hope not, you could get your license revoked. Friends, DON'T cheat on your taxes; we are all well off enough that we can do it legally. I am surprised that I even have to write this...

Tom
Old December 30th 17, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Don't cheat on your taxes" geesh, what have we got here internet police? I keep every dang dollar I can from those money grubbing federalists! They get enough from me already. And if you think the new tax deal is a shamm, let me ask you, when is the last time you heard any administration trying to ease up on our tax burden? You HAVE'NT untill Trump got in there!

While you cry that you think only the "rich" are getting a break, you might want to take a look at how our economy is finally getting going and your 401k is once again worth something after 8 years of stagnation!

Viva la Trumpmeister!
Old December 30th 17, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 7:12:29 PM UTC-8, wrote:
"Don't cheat on your taxes" geesh, what have we got here internet police? I keep every dang dollar I can from those money grubbing federalists! They get enough from me already. And if you think the new tax deal is a shamm, let me ask you, when is the last time you heard any administration trying to ease up on our tax burden? You HAVE'NT untill Trump got in there!

While you cry that you think only the "rich" are getting a break, you might want to take a look at how our economy is finally getting going and your 401k is once again worth something after 8 years of stagnation!

Viva la Trumpmeister!

Sure, you bet. Why don't you include your SSN while you're at it.

Tom
Old December 30th 17, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Economic Theory is like Meteorology or Astrology.

Dreams with numbers.
Old December 30th 17, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"social security number...."

LOL Good one Tom, I've been known to be paranoid over other issues like the FAA's slow but sure incrimental restrictions of our freedom to fly. But in this case, I'm not loosing any sleep worrying about an IRS audit. They've already taken a small fortune from me in regulat taxation over the years.

Getting back to the thread topic, I'd like to encourage folks to donate to the Eagle Fund. Or better yet, donate your time and money to support at least one youth thru solo. I donate my instruction to any young person wishing to learn. I also am just about finished restoring a vintage 2-22 for use free of charge in youth instruction. Now don't any of you hold your nose at the venerable 2-22. Many a soaring champion got their start in the lead sled. And I can make a pretty good argument that in the long run its a better trainer in many respects than a Grob, and its sure dirt cheap to insure, maintain, and operate.
Old December 30th 17, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 6:26:21 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I also am just about finished restoring a vintage 2-22 for use free of charge in youth instruction. Now don't any of you hold your nose at the venerable 2-22. Many a soaring champion got their start in the lead sled.

Dan, we affectionately refer to our 2-22 as either The Thermic Piglet or Sir Launched A Lot.

Steve Leonard