Garmin 76S question

Old April 29th 04, 02:47 AM
Carl Buehler

Default Garmin 76S question

I have owned my 76S for a long time
with out any problems until tonight. I have all the latest firmware
and software updates. I am using about 20 megs of detailed maps. But
lately
I have been entering waypoints from SeeYou into MapSource so I can
save the waypoints to the 76S. But now I am trying to save around
30-35 waypoints to the
76S through Mapsource. MapSource tells me the waypoints have been
saved to the GPS sucessfully. But when I scroll through the 76S for
waypoints, it is only showing me about 15 waypoints. I have searched
the waypoints throught the
menu\points screen and navigation screens. But it only appears to
display
15 waypoints?? Allot of the waypoints that are displayed in the
MapSource Tap view are not shown in the 76S.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
I though the Garmin 76S could hold 1000 waypoint.

Carl
Old April 30th 04, 05:05 AM
George Eckschmiedt

Hello Carl

Please visit:

Several 76S users congregate there, they may have the answer you want
On the other hand, you may be able to answer some of their questions.
Regards
George

om...

Old April 30th 04, 11:06 AM
Carl Buehler

Hello George,

Thanks I just joined.
I did get the answer to my question though.
I found that while I was in the waypoint list view, I was viewing by nearest
instead of viewing by Name. Switching back to view by name solved the problem.

Carl