Weak link for winch launch - 1-26E???

Old April 26th 04, 10:33 PM
Mark Zivley

Default Weak link for winch launch - 1-26E???

I looked over the 1-26 pilot's manual that's available for our club's
1-26E, but there is no mention of what strength weak link shall be used
for winch launching. Anyone know what this is and where I can find
documentation to support it?

Mark

Remove extra "hot" to reply direct

Old April 28th 04, 03:51 AM
Ulrich Neumann

Mark Zivley wrote in message om...
I looked over the 1-26 pilot's manual that's available for our club's
1-26E, but there is no mention of what strength weak link shall be used
for winch launching. Anyone know what this is and where I can find
documentation to support it?

Mark

Remove extra "hot" to reply direct

Pardon my ignorance, but does the 1-26E have a CG-hook for winch
launching? All the 1-26' I have seen so far don't.
Can a 1-26 be winch launched by the nose hook?

Uli Neumann
Old April 28th 04, 05:27 AM
BTIZ

the nose hook is not to far forward.. the 1-26 can be launched by the
current hook, the altitude achieve may not be as high as possible with a
true CG hook

BT

om...

Old April 29th 04, 07:17 AM
F.L. Whiteley

Some of the Seymour boys reportedly used the 1-26 hook for ground launch and
for kiting for hours in New York many years ago.

Old April 29th 04, 11:38 PM
Walter Kronester

Look at Tost
http://www.tost.de/evers/edefault.htm

under 'Service'

spaceship one Pianome Home Built 169 June 30th 04 05:47 AM
Vandenberg Launch, April 17 Piloting 5 April 9th 04 02:21 AM
Winch Experts wanted Ulrich Neumann Soaring 117 April 5th 04 06:52 AM
Ground launch and the incremental vanishing of soaring Mark James Boyd Soaring 24 March 8th 04 10:50 PM
Blanik Weak Link for Winch Launch??? Gary Emerson Soaring 6 February 24th 04 08:08 PM