Topic Suggestions Wanted for 2006 SSA Convention

Old October 5th 05, 04:22 PM
Bob Gibbons

Default Topic Suggestions Wanted for 2006 SSA Convention

Almost a decade ago the SSA Convention was held in Dallas (1997). As
we prepared for that earlier convention I solicited this group for
topic suggestions. I got a lot of good suggestions and comments.

I would again like to solict both US and international pilots for
their suggestions as to topics (and presentors) they would like to see
in the 2006 SSA Convention.

Either post or email.

Bob
Old October 5th 05, 06:03 PM
309

Bob Gibbons wrote:
I solicited this group for topic suggestions.

Either post or email.

Bob

Talk about open season...

1.) ELT Requirement Against Popular Opinion
2.) Contest Finishes
3.) Garmin GPS units for Badges (the "affordable logger")
4.) Owner/Pilot Maintenance & Upgrades (with or w/o A&P/IA)
5.) FAA & Airspace (TFR's, etc.)
6.) Transponder Pros & Cons
7.) The Software Shootout in Ontario was popular...WinYouPlaCE for
Dummies?
8.) Contest Finishes
9.) Volkslogger for Dummies
10.) History of Fiberglass
11.) History of Carbon Fiber
12.) Winches R' Us
13.) Wave Distance Records With the Assistance of ATC
14.) Care and Feeding of Towpilots
15.) Clubbing for Fun and Profit
16.) How to Drive Home From the Gliderport Safely
17.) Contest Finishes
18.) Glider Insurance for Fun and Profit
19.) Legal Implications of Airport Crowding (Homeowner's Blight)
20.) Oxygen is Higly Over-Rated

That help?

Old October 5th 05, 06:05 PM
309

Oooooh, I forgot:

21.) Sportplane/LightJet for Dummies (Primer for Instructors...and
Towpilots...)

Old October 5th 05, 06:27 PM
Jim Vincent

"Bob Gibbons" wrote in message
. ..
Almost a decade ago the SSA Convention was held in Dallas (1997). As
we prepared for that earlier convention I solicited this group for
topic suggestions. I got a lot of good suggestions and comments.

I would again like to solict both US and international pilots for
their suggestions as to topics (and presentors) they would like to see
in the 2006 SSA Convention.

Either post or email.

Bob

Procedure for Positive Control Checks, Critical Assembly Checklists and
other checklists. This can save lives.

Old October 5th 05, 11:44 PM
Eric Greenwell

309 wrote:

Bob Gibbons wrote:

I solicited this group for topic suggestions.

Either post or email.

Bob

Talk about open season...

6.) Transponder Pros & Cons

Should've come to the 2005 convention, where this was covered! You are
in luck, though, because essentially the same info and much more is
covered in a previous Soaring article, available on the Soaring Safety
Foundation website at:

http://www.soaringsafety.org/prevent...ansponders.pdf

Enjoy!

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old October 6th 05, 12:18 AM
Glider Kate

You want a topic?

How about this?

The role of women in gliding?

Retrieve driver, base camp groupie or fellow pilot?

Discuss.....................

--
Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old October 6th 05, 05:59 AM
bumper

"Glider Kate" wrote in message
You want a topic?

How about this?

The role of women in gliding?

Retrieve driver, base camp groupie or fellow pilot?

Discuss.....................

How about in any capacity they like? My own preferences don't make much
difference, though I do enjoy seeing women involved, and young people too.
There aren't enough of either.

bumper

Old October 6th 05, 07:55 PM

I would suggest consideration of a presentation by the US Competition
Organizers on What needs to be done to attract a future "World Contest
" here in the USA . At present I am not aware of any plans to bid for
any specific future contest . It seems a huge shame that we are not
currently on any future schedule to host a "World's", and I believe the
membership would be most interested.