RAAF *******ization referred to Inspector General of Defence

Old July 11th 04, 01:15 PM
Mick Low

Default RAAF *******ization referred to Inspector General of Defence

"Brash" wrote in message . au...
I've never met the bloke and I don't know the ins and out's of that
business. But after speaking to those who have and do, I'm left with the
impression you should take articles like that one with a pinch, or two, of
salt.

Ohhh Really???
And just why should anyone seriously consider the opinion of someone
from the very same RAAF units who *******ized the whistleblower and
continue desperately trying to cover up the problem?

Especially one who feigns ignorance by professing not to know the ins
and outs of that business etc. What flagrant BS!

Or are you denying there was widespread drug abuse at RAAF Amberley?

Or the bashing of LAC Moore by a fellow Airfield Defence Guard
occurred?

Unfortunately for you and your ilk Brash, and hopefully for the
betterment of the ADF as a whole the game is up -

"The RAAF has confirmed it's referred the case of air defence guard
Nathan Moore to the Inspector General of Defence for an independent
inquiry.

The 23-year-old claims he was bashed and threatened by colleagues,
after raising allegations about drug production and missing weapons at
Queensland's Amberley air base.

Twenty-two RAAF personnel later admitted they had used illegal drugs."

The above from SBS and more links at
http://tinyurl.com/34wea

And the Bulletin article - The Fugitive
http://tinyurl.com/3dgjc

"DC" wrote in message
From
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...E26619,00.html

Military informer fears for his life
By Cameron Stewart
July 10, 2004

THE nation's military watchdog is investigating whether the
Australian Defence Force has gravely mistreated the soldier who
first blew the whistle on drug use in the ranks.

Air defence guard Nathan Moore has been hiding in safe houses along
Australia's east coast after being bashed and receiving death
threats since he exposed drug use at Queensland's Amberley RAAF base
in 2002.

Mr Moore's actions lifted the lid on drug use in the military,
sparking raids at bases across the country and forcing the ADF to
introduce tougher drug laws, including random testing.

But rather than protect Mr Moore or commend him for his actions, the
RAAF posted him back to his unit, where he was abused and threatened
by colleagues.

It then transferred him to a series of other RAAF bases, without
providing him with personal protection or giving him specific duties.

The RAAF eventually demoted him, claiming that his previous
promotion was an "administrative error".

It tried recently to discharge him from the force.

Documents obtained by The Weekend Australian reveal that ADF
inspector-general Geoff Earley has launched an investigation into
the treatment of Mr Moore by the RAAF.

"(It is) my intention to review a number of Nathan's concerns which
appear to have military justice implications," Mr Earley said in a
letter to Mr Moore's lawyer on April 20.

At the same time, the RAAF has now entered into negotiations with Mr
Moore, seeking a confidential out-of-court settlement to address his
claims of mistreatment.

Mr Moore, who reveals his full story exclusively in today's Weekend
Australian Magazine, says he lives in fear of his life because of
his decision to expose the scourge of drug use in his unit.

"Dobbing on your mates is not part of the military culture and it's
looked down upon," he says.

"But they (the military) have turned it around to make me look like
the shameful one."

Mr Earley said in his letter to Mr Moore's lawyer that he would
investigate a raft of explosive allegations about the treatment of
Mr Moore.

These include claims that a senior RAAF officer at Amberley failed
to take action on Mr Moore's allegation of widespread drug use in
his air defence unit.

The Australian

Old July 14th 04, 07:22 AM
Brash

You need to get some facts straight before you gob off Mick. Otherwise,
you'll end up looking like a dill. Whoops! Too late!

"Mick Low" wrote in message
om...
"Brash" wrote in message

. au...
I've never met the bloke and I don't know the ins and out's of that
business. But after speaking to those who have and do, I'm left with the
impression you should take articles like that one with a pinch, or two,

of
salt.

Ohhh Really???

Really.

And just why should anyone seriously consider the opinion of someone
from the very same RAAF units who *******ized the whistleblower and
continue desperately trying to cover up the problem?

Because I'm not from the very same unit. That's why I said "I've never met
the bloke, and I don't know the in's and out's of that business". Dill.

What's more, no one at the unit "*******ised" LAC Moore. He may not have
received the support he may have deserved, but he certainly wasn't
mis-treated by the unit. Dill.

Especially one who feigns ignorance by professing not to know the ins
and outs of that business etc. What flagrant BS!

Feigning ignorance? Unlike you, dill, if I don't know what I'm talking
about, I don't feign knowledge. You should try it.

The only bull**** around here is the stuff you're shovelling.

Or are you denying there was widespread drug abuse at RAAF Amberley?

You bet. A handful of steroid and speed users does not "widespread drug
abuse" make.

I suggest you leave the beat-ups to the media. (Or is that where you get
your"information"?)

Or the bashing of LAC Moore by a fellow Airfield Defence Guard
occurred?

No, I don't deny that, and I didn't deny that. For what it's worth, the
bloke that did the bashing is one of the biggest idiots God ever shovelled
guts into. A malcontent, barracks lawyer, and general waste of rations. You
and he would probably get on marvellously.

Unfortunately for you and your ilk Brash,

I didn't know I had an "ilk". Which ilk, specifically, would that be?

and hopefully for the
betterment of the ADF as a whole the game is up -

The "game" was up years ago. Do try and keep up.

"The RAAF has confirmed it's referred the case of air defence guard
Nathan Moore to the Inspector General of Defence for an independent
inquiry.

Good. Maybe some senior officers will get dragged over the appropriate
coals.

The 23-year-old claims he was bashed and threatened by colleagues,
after raising allegations about drug production and missing weapons at
Queensland's Amberley air base.

Missing weapons. Now that's where Nathan loses all credibility. He should
have stuck to the facts instead of trying to spice up his claims and make
them more attention-getting to the media.

Twenty-two RAAF personnel later admitted they had used illegal drugs."

From a Base population of around 3,000. Hardly "widespread".

--
"The code of the warrior class has room for fallibility but there is no room
for a lack of integrity."

Old July 14th 04, 03:08 PM
iCentral

"Brash" wrote in message
u...
You need to get some facts straight before you gob off Mick. Otherwise,
you'll end up looking like a dill. Whoops! Too late!

"Mick Low" wrote in message
om...
"Brash" wrote in message

[...]

From a Base population of around 3,000. Hardly "widespread".

--

"DC" wrote in message
[...]

Missed a photo opportunity Mr Bonsai ?

Old July 14th 04, 04:46 PM
Brash

"iCentral" wrote in message

"Brash" wrote in message
u...
You need to get some facts straight before you gob off Mick. Otherwise,
you'll end up looking like a dill. Whoops! Too late!

"Mick Low" wrote in message
om...
"Brash" wrote in message

[...]

From a Base population of around 3,000. Hardly "widespread".

--

"DC" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not the "small facsimile" of the real thing little man. Short arses like
you shouldn't try and make a big noise.

Old July 15th 04, 05:11 PM
Russell Waterson

You know that things like this are not new. In Raymond Terrace when I was
about 7rs old I found a box of armed practice bombs. Later when I was a
teenager I would get drunk and stoned with RAAF personal. I heard of
bashings, especially of one particular bloke who was a poof and tried to
crack onto a Corpral,

There is nothing new under the sun. Especially in mankinds' hearts

"Mick Low" wrote in message
om...