OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-)

Old April 22nd 05, 03:12 AM
Montblack

Default OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-)

Very cool!! But maybe they're just flying here for our gas? g

19 general aviation planes ("light" singles and twins to the French) will
also make the trip, flown by members of the French Euro Squadron. All are
scheduled to depart Paris on July 18 and arrive at Wittman Regional Airport
on opening day, July 25.

The 1950s-vintage Dassaults will park at AirVenture's main showcase ramp,
AeroShell Square, near the gleaming composite SpaceShipOne/White Knight and
Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer.

(That Dassault is one good looking plane!!)

http://www.airventure.org/2005/news/050421_caravan.html
EAA AirVenture website

(Dassault MD312)
First flight took place on July 6, 1947. The MD312 was the predecessor to
the successful Falcon line of business jets.

Two German-designed Snecma 12S Argus engines power the aircraft. A total of
325 were built (including the 311 and 315 configurations) Chief use of the
312 was liaison flights and flying schools.

Originally three 312s were planned to make the flight but financial
resources and parts availability allowed only two. It will cost about
$60,000 per airplane to fly to and from Oshkosh.

Montblack

Old April 22nd 05, 08:04 AM
Brian Burger

What? But the French can't possibly be coming to OSH in 19 GA aircraft.

Hasn't someone told them that GA is dead in France?

ducks

Seriously, there are times I regret living on the far West Coast of
Canada; OSH is one of them!

Brian.

Old April 22nd 05, 12:48 PM
Jay Honeck

What? But the French can't possibly be coming to OSH in 19 GA aircraft.

Hasn't someone told them that GA is dead in France?

Hey -- 19 aircraft represents a measurable percentage of their fleet!

;-)

I think it's going to be way cool to see some of those older birds. Never
heard of a "Flamingo" before, but they'll be flying one or two of them.

Seriously, there are times I regret living on the far West Coast of
Canada; OSH is one of them!

There's always the "executive mail tube" option?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 22nd 05, 04:20 PM
Jack Allison

Brian Burger wrote:
Seriously, there are times I regret living on the far West Coast of
Canada; OSH is one of them!

Ah, but what a chance for some great cross country flying Brian. True,
you're farther than me (left coast US, California central valley),
"only" 1500 nm or so, depending on what weather needs to be flown
around. Have done it twice in rental planes (can you say expensive?).
This year will be much cheaper on a per-hour bases flying the Arrow.

If you ever get a chance, even to fly commercially, we wouldn't hold
that against you. It's well worth the trip.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"