Gas Strut for early (1997) Anschau Komet trailer

Old March 7th 18, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill[_21_]

Default Gas Strut for early (1997) Anschau Komet trailer

I'm looking for a resource for a replacement gas strut used to open the trailer top for a early 1997ish Komet Anschau glider trailer. This trailer has the external hinge. I'm hoping to find a suitable replacement from a US supplier.

Thanks for your help.

Bill
Old March 7th 18, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

McMaster Carr has just about everything. I's be surprised if you couldn't find something suitable.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-struts/=1bvbdcz
Old March 8th 18, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:22:14 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
I'm looking for a resource for a replacement gas strut used to open the trailer top for a early 1997ish Komet Anschau glider trailer. This trailer has the external hinge. I'm hoping to find a suitable replacement from a US supplier.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Gemini Gas Springs in Canada will make whatever you need as long as you can give them a spec.
UH
Old March 8th 18, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Rasmussen

American Gas Springs in Oregon will make you a new strut. Just give them the dimensions specs of your existing gas struts. I replaced my struts last summer and the parts cost about $175/each.

Old March 8th 18, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bansbach matched the struts on my early Cobra easily. You need to know the force (in Newtons) but dimensionally, they had a wide selection.

https://www.bansbach.com/index.php/e...ts/gas-springs
Old March 9th 18, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Suter

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 5:24:25 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Bansbach matched the struts on my early Cobra easily. You need to know the force (in Newtons) but dimensionally, they had a wide selection.

https://www.bansbach.com/index.php/e...ts/gas-springs

See if this will work for you http://wingsandwheels.com/komet-gas-struts.html

Larry
Old March 9th 18, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:24:19 AM UTC-5, Larry Suter wrote:

See if this will work for you http://wingsandwheels.com/komet-gas-struts.html

I wonder which Komet trailer those fit?

T8

Old March 13th 18, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wheaton

Looks like the strut in the young of the trailer. Damper for braking system.
Old March 15th 18, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 9:24:19 PM UTC-8, Larry Suter wrote:
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 5:24:25 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Bansbach matched the struts on my early Cobra easily. You need to know the force (in Newtons) but dimensionally, they had a wide selection.

https://www.bansbach.com/index.php/e...ts/gas-springs

See if this will work for you http://wingsandwheels.com/komet-gas-struts.html

Larry

A word of caution, those are exactly what I bought from Bansbach 2 years ago, they failed after one year. I'm not completely sure what the problem was, seemed like the closed length may have been too long. Or maybe the newtons too low? 1300kn
Old March 15th 18, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

McMaster-Carr?

--
Dan, 5J

Komet Trailer - Failsafe in case strut(s) fail [email protected] Soaring 6 July 29th 15 10:22 PM
Anschau Komet on vacation? Hartley Falbaum Soaring 2 February 19th 13 10:20 PM
Strut on Cobra trailer K Soaring 7 December 1st 12 03:39 PM
Trailer tires for old (1981) Komet Trailer [email protected] Soaring 3 May 13th 09 10:24 PM
Komet trailer strut John Shelton Soaring 5 November 15th 03 06:04 PM