Unknown to me P-3 purpose

Old March 7th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

Default Unknown to me P-3 purpose

While walking through airliners.net today, I came across this P-3. Even with
all my "vast knowledge" I don't know what the thing in the center of the
belly is for.

Dave? Gordon? Rotorhead? Alf? Mitchell? Anyone?

I save the entire comment on the plane in the file name. Google didn't give
me much on "SLAR".

Thanks,

Jim Morris

Old March 7th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

Jim Morris

Like others, I don't like replying to my own post but did find airborne side
looking radar. But, what is it doing on a P-3 (based at NAS Ft. Worth) ?

Thanks,

Jim Morris

Old March 7th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

Another view

Jim Morris

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1116551 involved in CIA operations huh.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	7779
Old March 7th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Jim Morris wrote:
Another view

Jim Morris

It the new "you can't hide" synthetic aperture RADAR system. It can see
through anything including thong bikini's.

Cheers,
Dave
Old March 7th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim[_14_]

Leave it to the military to come up with something to see through
nothing. Even I can see through thong bikinis. ;-)

--

Jim in Houston
osPAm
Old March 7th 07, 04:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

Jim Morris wrote:

Another view

Jim Morris

It the new "you can't hide" synthetic aperture RADAR system. It can see
through anything including thong bikini's.

Cheers,
Dave

Hey! That's what we did at Vung Tau... Actually, you can read about
early SLAR(s) he

http://www.vectorsite.net/avbtsv_1.html#m3

JT

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OV-1slar.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	7780

Old March 7th 07, 05:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Jim wrote:
Leave it to the military to come up with something to see through
nothing. Even I can see through thong bikinis. ;-)

I find with my eyesight getting worse, I have to do more by feel these
days.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old March 7th 07, 06:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Dave Kearton" wrote in newsTrHh.46503
:

Jim wrote:
Leave it to the military to come up with something to see through
nothing. Even I can see through thong bikinis. ;-)

I find with my eyesight getting worse, I have to do more by feel these
days.

Vicious circle there - with each feel, you get another fistfull of eye
damage...
Old March 7th 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul Elliot

CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
Jim Morris wrote:
Another view

Jim Morris

It the new "you can't hide" synthetic aperture RADAR system. It can see
through anything including thong bikini's.

Cheers,
Dave

I WANT one!
:-)

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart/albums/