VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, June 2008

Old July 6th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
U Wascal Wabbit

Default Frogged poast above

In article , Maxwell says...

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
news

you guys are drinking waaaaaayyyyyy too much coffee.

you have me intrigued bertie. how do you transition from the looperie
of some of these post wars to the mental discipline of flying heavy
metal and back again?

Stealth Pilot

Careful there stealth, that's my hero you are talking about.

There, I fixored your poast for ewe

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old July 6th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
U Wascal Wabbit

Default VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, June 2008

In article , Stealth Pilot
says...

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 14:08:39 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote in
news
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 04:57:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

By the way, guys, all denizens of RAP and RAS are entitled to vote in
this. Well, except you Maxie.

Jsut follow the directions in the secretary's post. You can either
vote directly by answereng the above post in alt.usenet.kooks alone or
you can crosspost your vote back here. Your choice. You can't use a
nym though, it'll be disallowed.

Bertie

you guys are drinking waaaaaayyyyyy too much coffee.

you have me intrigued bertie. how do you transition from the looperie
of some of these post wars to the mental discipline of flying heavy
metal and back again?

You don't know many pro pilots, do you?

And I drink tea, and not all that much of it.. However, shortly it will be
copious amounts of beer with my crew..

Bertie

I feel like a bloody virgin (in many ways :-) ).
I've been reading and stiring and contributing for over 10 years on
usenet and I've never encountered this troll stuff before. ever.

are you guys just living in motel rooms bored ****less and doing this
for a bit of idle stress/boredom relief or are you more like a bunch
of modern day vikings doing a slash and burn on anything that takes
your fancy behind the anonymity, or is there something else? I dont
understand the motivation.

Stress relief without the hangover

what little I've been able to garner on trolling seems to indicate an
entire creed of behaviour that I have yet to understand.

is the karl malden nose group some clearing house for posts that are a
little on the nose?

The 'Nose's heyday was mebbe ten years ago. Most of the action now is
in AUK, with the flonk used for lighter, 'in-house' conversations. *g*

as our famously disgraced redhead politician says "please explain?"

Google 'Meow Wars'

|\/| 3 0 \/\/ !!!1!

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old July 7th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 08:48:59 -0700, U Wascal Wabbit
wrote:

In article , Maxwell says...

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
news

you guys are drinking waaaaaayyyyyy too much coffee.

you have me intrigued bertie. how do you transition from the looperie
of some of these post wars to the mental discipline of flying heavy
metal and back again?

Stealth Pilot

Careful there stealth, that's my hero you are talking about.

There, I fixored your poast for ewe

I only have one hero.
it isnt bertie.
it is the guy who renewed his class 1 instrument rating at age 99.
not only is that guy a hero he's a legend.

you guys have given me an insight into the vikings.

"I'm bored and Frieda is on my candle again"
"hey lets get the boats out and sail down to that island with all the
little 4ft high guys and lets take all their stuff and rape their
women"
"hmmmm. boats, get the boats!! lets go"

....and I hit the post to all newsgroups deliberately :-)
Stealth Pilot
Old July 7th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Du Haxen Hase

In article bvfck.2593$7%6.2551@edtnps82, Pope Snarky Goodfella of the
undulating cable, JM, CK, POEE, KOTHASK, DSOCPL, EOTHIDIAUTP, GGGHD,
HCNB, MU, BCB, CPFWJ, CPFG, MWFA, CEM says...

Hail Eris! On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:08:40 -0700, "U Wascal Wabbit"
wisecracked:
Stealth Pilot wrote:
[...]

And ohhhhhh what a relief it is!

what little I've been able to garner on trolling seems to indicate an
entire creed of behaviour that I have yet to understand.

is the karl malden nose group some clearing house for posts that are a
little on the nose?

The 'Nose's heyday was mebbe ten years ago. Most of the action now is in
AUK, with the flonk used for lighter, 'in-house' conversations. *g*

It's still popular for x-poasting, though.

as our famously disgraced redhead politician says "please explain?"

Google 'Meow Wars'

|\/| 3 0 \/\/ !!!1!

And here's the FAQ for AUK.

That's a classic.

I've been know to poast this one for the education of the Great
Unwashed:

The Invasion FAQ of A.S.T.

Although not exactly a FAQ, this file is more of an explanation of why
alt.syntax.tactical and the tactical-list were created. It also lays
down the foundation for the structure, strategy, and protocol of USENET
invasions.

* Invasion *

Each of us brings our own reasons, backgrounds and motivations into
this scheme. What is important is that each individual brings into this
their own brand of inspired mischief. In some ways it is completely
innocent. In some ways it is completely destructive.

Anyone can walk into alt.sex and post that pornography should be
banned. Anyone can walk into rec.sport.baseball and say "baseball
sucks". It takes unbelievable skill and discipline to cause a PROLONGED
flame war. That is what we do. But it can only be done with talent, and
numbers to match that talent. We only bring into the fold people who
have the knack to use smarts to incite chaos, not stupidity to incite
being ignored when people see a post and know what you're up to.

To keep things running smoothly, Antebi is our 'moderator'. jpdavid was
responsible for creating the mailing-list and setting up the initial
newsgroup. Everyone is equal in suggesting and voting on invasion sites
and other basic day-to-day workings of the group. Everyone here gains
or loses merit only in the invasion arena.

* Waves of Invasion *

Flames and wars between groups are as old as Usenet. What we try to do
is in many ways fundamentally different from what is or has been done
in this area.

After picking a site, we call for an invasion on that site. There are a
number of phases to an invasion. Each person can volunteer for which
wave they want to be in, but more times than not, it is a first come-
first served policy. It is always important that no one jump the gun
and go in before we have time to prepare and bounce ideas off each
other. It's also important that people don't switch waves without
letting everyone know. Flexibility is the key, as is communication.

Typically, we use between two and five Waves of attack. Waves will
generally break down into this kind of structu

a: Reconnaissance (RECON): These people will go in early and usually
set up camp as "friends of the newsgroup". They will become trusted and
participate by joining previous discussions or starting non-
controversial ones themselves. They will also act as "double-agents" to
counter-flame the other waves as the invasion progresses. They key is
building a bit of credibility.

b: Wave One: Wave one will usually be what starts the flame war.
Those involved in this wave can go on and each have a different flame,
or go on and flame in unison. They can bring in a subject of their own
or flame a previous discussion. What matters is that this initial wave
will be the one that the invaded newsgroup will have their attention
on. This wave calls for extreme subtlety. The quality of the flame MUST
be at its highest point here.

c: Wave Two: Wave Two will consist of tactics to attack the people who
were sent in as recon and attempt to start totally new flame threads.
The key here is that even if we attack a group of people restrained
enough to resist our flame-bait, wave two will stir things up and get
others to join in.

d: Wave Three: Wave three will generally change depending on the
campaign, but will generally be added to push the confusion and chaos
over the top. Flame the recon, flame the first wave, flame the second
wave. These guys are our balls out, rude SOB's. Mop up and clean out.

Sometimes (usually with bigger groups) Wave three will simply be along
the lines of a wave two. We will call for a wave four (or five) to be
the balls out routine. We will sometimes add a wave or two because
depending on the size and intelligence of a newsgroup.

Miscellaneous Tactics:

There are three other things that we typically use, depending on
the sophistication of the invasion.

LOOSE CANNONS are people who come in and act so strange and obtuse that
it makes the rest of the flames look genuine.

THE ANON SERVICE can be used to send posts anonymously. This is a good
way to post and pretend to be scared of retribution. Only problem is
that this is usually the first sign that a post is a flame, so it
should only be used with a TREMENDOUS amount of DISCRETION.

CROSS POSTING is also a popular method of choice by other flame groups,
so it is important to Cross Post with discretion. If we can cross post
to bring in other newsgroups to unwittingly assist us, perfect. If we
cross post to suspicious newsgroups, our intentions will be obvious.

* Victory *

Ideally, signs of victory are the following:

o Our names appear in killfiles
o Majority or ALL threads in invaded newsgroup were started by us
o Regulars/legit people abandon invaded newsgroup
o Receive much hate mail - as does our SysAdmin
o To be reprimanded by the glorious SysAdmin

* Notes *

Most important is the need to be SUBTLE when it is required. One
misplaced post can ruin it for the rest of us. Those of you who have
participated in widespread flame wars know the feeling of having a
newsgroup going for a long time, then someone posts an obvious flame or
something so far out of context, that everyone says to just ignore the
flames, which eventually includes all of us. Blowing a flame war will
occasionally happen, but if it could have been avoided with a little
thinking, then it's not as excusable.

We've got to share duties. Everyone should get practice playing
different roles and different waves.

It has been assumed that if you don't want to participate, fine. No one
will hold it against you. What is expected is that if you don't want to
participate you don't have to, but that also means that you wont go
warning that newsgroup when an invasion happens. You will close your
eyes and turn a blind eye. NO NEWSGROUP IS OFF LIMITS!!!!!!

Another thing many people seem to be talking about are SIGS AND NAMES.
Try to take on appropriate names. If you are on alt.rap, D.J. Trouble
is not going to stir things up...if you show up on soc.culture.physics
with that name, you're caught before your first word of text. If a Sig
is going to blow your cover, lose it.

Official Kudos:

- under construction -

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old July 7th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.religion.asatru,alt.ozdebate,alt.usenet.kooks
Du Haxen Hase

In article , Stealth Pilot
says...

wrote:

In article , Maxwell says...

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
news
you guys are drinking waaaaaayyyyyy too much coffee.

you have me intrigued bertie. how do you transition from the looperie
of some of these post wars to the mental discipline of flying heavy
metal and back again?

Stealth Pilot

Careful there stealth, that's my hero you are talking about.

There, I fixored your poast for ewe

I only have one hero.
it isnt bertie.
it is the guy who renewed his class 1 instrument rating at age 99.
not only is that guy a hero he's a legend.

My great aunt just turned triple digits last week. I'd trust her
behind the wheel of a car in the morning, but she tires quickly.

you guys have given me an insight into the vikings.

That's spelled "vjikings" *grin*
(aka njazi fjuckkkheads)

"I'm bored and Frieda is on my candle again"
"hey lets get the boats out and sail down to that island with all the
little 4ft high guys and lets take all their stuff and rape their
women"
"hmmmm. boats, get the boats!! lets go"

...and I hit the post to all newsgroups deliberately :-)
Stealth Pilot

Kewl!

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old July 10th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
dave hillstrom

Stealth Pilot wrote:
[...]

oink.

--