A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old June 30th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees ForEveryone Talking To ATC!

On Jun 30, 1:08*pm, gatt wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 11:16 am, Larry Dighera wrote:


Are you intimating that Obama's ATC user fee view is aligned with
Bush's?


I think we all just assume that taxes are going to be crippling under
Obama. He's already started warning us by saying he's increasing the
social security tax. That's going to hit many of us.


Won't hit me. *By the time I'm eligible for the Socialist Security I've
been paying into all my life, it'll be gone.


Me too but the point is that Obama has pre-announced that the payroll
tax we are paying will increase.

-Robert
Ads
  #12  
Old June 30th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees ForEveryone Talking To ATC!

On Jun 30, 1:19*pm, gatt wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 12:19 pm, "Mike" wrote:
Oh, I should have known you're a liberal with a limited knowledge of
economics.


-Robert, MBA


Aw, Christ. *Not only a Calfornian, but an MBA. *They know EVERYTHING.

"The criticism we hear most has to do with arrogance," says Bill
Boulding, associate dean for the daytime MBA Program at Duke
University's Fuqua School of Business, "essentially that students leave
MBA programs thinking they should be CEO and tell everyone what to do
when in fact they may not even be prepared to do the job they've taken.""

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n21067809

:P


Oh good. You didn't have a response so you came back with a non-
sequitur argument.

-Robert
  #13  
Old June 30th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
...
On Jun 30, 12:19 pm, "Mike" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
...
As far as the user fees debate goes, someone is going to pay for
aviation.
The only question is who that someone is going to be.


We're paying for it now (including an aviation fund surplus) so I
guess your point is that we should pay for it twice.


That would be a poor guess.

But since you care to guess my views on the subject, I'll take a crack at
yours. You apparently support McCain. McCain supports user fees. So I
guess your point is that we should pay for it twice.

Furthermore, your attempts at twisting your political views towards the
subject of aviation are truly pathetic. McCain heavily supports user fees,
period. His record and statements are quite clear on the subject.

McCain heavily supports user fees, period.

As far as taxes in general goes, NOT paying taxes is more crippling.
Almost
8 years of failed supply-side, borrow-and-spend policies have without
question crippled this nation.


Oh, I should have known you're a liberal with a limited knowledge of
economics.

-Robert, MBA


What's more conservative than balancing the budget?

I should have known you're a fake conservative with a limited knowledge of
economics, regardless of whatever unverifiable credentials you care to
flaunt.

  #14  
Old June 30th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
...
On Jun 30, 1:19 pm, gatt wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 12:19 pm, "Mike" wrote:
Oh, I should have known you're a liberal with a limited knowledge of
economics.


-Robert, MBA


Aw, Christ. Not only a Calfornian, but an MBA. They know EVERYTHING.

"The criticism we hear most has to do with arrogance," says Bill
Boulding, associate dean for the daytime MBA Program at Duke
University's Fuqua School of Business, "essentially that students leave
MBA programs thinking they should be CEO and tell everyone what to do
when in fact they may not even be prepared to do the job they've
taken.""

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n21067809

:P


Oh good. You didn't have a response so you came back with a non-
sequitur argument.


He just followed your lead.

  #15  
Old June 30th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees ForEveryone Talking To ATC!

On Jun 30, 1:39*pm, "Mike" wrote:

We're paying for it now (including an aviation fund surplus) so I
guess your point is that we should pay for it twice.


That would be a poor guess.


You really need to educate yourself on the subject of GA funding. If
you did you would realize that GA pays more in tax than we get from
the system. Those that say we are not don't realize that a Cessna uses
less services than a 747. In anycase, fuel tax is easier and cheaper
to collect than reading credit card numbers over the air. Not sure if
you are actually interested in facts though, its not clear from your
post.

But since you care to guess my views on the subject, I'll take a crack at
yours. *You apparently support McCain. *McCain supports user fees. *So I
guess your point is that we should pay for it twice.


I don't recall saying that. I'm voting for John Galt.


-Robert
  #16  
Old June 30th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
...
On Jun 30, 1:08 pm, gatt wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 11:16 am, Larry Dighera wrote:


Are you intimating that Obama's ATC user fee view is aligned with
Bush's?


I think we all just assume that taxes are going to be crippling under
Obama. He's already started warning us by saying he's increasing the
social security tax. That's going to hit many of us.


Won't hit me. By the time I'm eligible for the Socialist Security I've
been paying into all my life, it'll be gone.


Me too but the point is that Obama has pre-announced that the payroll
tax we are paying will increase.


For a self-described economic expert, you sure have some weak points.

First, Obama said no such thing. Next, SS can't possibly be "gone" because
you will always have people paying into the system. The only thing that has
a potential to be "gone" is the SS trust fund, which was a bad idea given to
us by Reagan in the first place. Even if the SS trust fund is "gone", FICA
will still cover at least 75% of SS payouts, even if all the doom-and-gloom
predictions about SS come true decades from now.

  #17  
Old June 30th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
...
On Jun 30, 1:39 pm, "Mike" wrote:

We're paying for it now (including an aviation fund surplus) so I
guess your point is that we should pay for it twice.


That would be a poor guess.


You really need to educate yourself on the subject of GA funding. If
you did you would realize that GA pays more in tax than we get from
the system. Those that say we are not don't realize that a Cessna uses
less services than a 747. In anycase, fuel tax is easier and cheaper
to collect than reading credit card numbers over the air. Not sure if
you are actually interested in facts though, its not clear from your
post.


Why do you continue to go down the road of pretending I support user fees?

Is silly strawman rhetoric the best you have?

But since you care to guess my views on the subject, I'll take a crack
at
yours. You apparently support McCain. McCain supports user fees. So I
guess your point is that we should pay for it twice.


I don't recall saying that. I'm voting for John Galt.


Funny, I don't either. I guess sarcasm is not your strong suit, eh?

  #18  
Old June 30th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees ForEveryone Talking To ATC!

On Jun 30, 1:49*pm, "Mike" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in ...





On Jun 30, 1:08 pm, gatt wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 11:16 am, Larry Dighera wrote:


Are you intimating that Obama's ATC user fee view is aligned with
Bush's?


I think we all just assume that taxes are going to be crippling under
Obama. He's already started warning us by saying he's increasing the
social security tax. That's going to hit many of us.


Won't hit me. By the time I'm eligible for the Socialist Security I've
been paying into all my life, it'll be gone.


Me too but the point is that Obama has pre-announced that the payroll
tax we are paying will increase.


For a self-described economic expert, you sure have some weak points.

First, Obama said no such thing. *


I guess you don't get out much...

"Obama to push for higher Social Security tax"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21739271/

So expect your paycheck to get smaller.

-Robert
  #19  
Old June 30th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 721
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!

Mike wrote:

For a self-described economic expert, you sure have some weak points.

First, Obama said no such thing. Next, SS can't possibly be "gone"
because you will always have people paying into the system. The only
thing that has a potential to be "gone" is the SS trust fund, which
was a bad idea given to us by Reagan in the first place. Even if the
SS trust fund is "gone", FICA will still cover at least 75% of SS
payouts, even if all the doom-and-gloom predictions about SS come
true decades from now.


Actually, SS was a bad idea given to us by FDR in the first place.


  #20  
Old June 30th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 466
Default Bush Threatens Veto Of Any Bills That Don't Include User Fees For Everyone Talking To ATC!

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
...
On Jun 30, 1:49 pm, "Mike" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
...





On Jun 30, 1:08 pm, gatt wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 11:16 am, Larry Dighera wrote:


Are you intimating that Obama's ATC user fee view is aligned with
Bush's?


I think we all just assume that taxes are going to be crippling
under
Obama. He's already started warning us by saying he's increasing
the
social security tax. That's going to hit many of us.


Won't hit me. By the time I'm eligible for the Socialist Security
I've
been paying into all my life, it'll be gone.


Me too but the point is that Obama has pre-announced that the payroll
tax we are paying will increase.


For a self-described economic expert, you sure have some weak points.

First, Obama said no such thing.


I guess you don't get out much...

"Obama to push for higher Social Security tax"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21739271/

So expect your paycheck to get smaller.


I guess your reading comprehension skills aren't all that great. Obama
proposes raising the SS maximum income level, which is currently $102,000
which affects less than 5% of the population. The payroll tax rate would
remain the same. And you claim to be an economic expert?

I also see you didn't even address the rest of your ignorance and snipped it
out. Good show.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bush Demands ATC User Fees Larry Dighera Piloting 3 May 6th 08 12:56 AM
Bush Spinning Airline Delays To Support User Fees Larry Dighera Piloting 0 November 20th 07 06:26 PM
Not user fees anymore, service fees... Blueskies Owning 36 October 1st 07 05:14 PM
Not user fees anymore, service fees... Blueskies Piloting 35 August 4th 07 02:09 PM
Not user fees anymore, service fees... Blueskies Home Built 35 August 4th 07 02:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.