HP-14 Glide Polar

Old November 15th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Allardyce

Default HP-14 Glide Polar

Does anyone know where I can find the polar for the HP-14?
Old November 15th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Jay,

For the purpose of flight computer, etc I find the Standard Labelle to be very close. I plan to do formal flight test on my '14 next spring and will post the results on my bird's page (http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F) which is part of the Schreder Sailplane Designs website (http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder)

Wayne

Old November 18th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:06:11 -0800 (PST), Jay Allardyce
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find the polar for the HP-14?

Paul Bikle reported polar test results for his T-6, which was a
slightly modified HP-14T (T-tail rather than V-tail) in the June 1970
issue of SOARING magazine ("Polars of Eight, page 16).

The new SSA Archive has this issue available for viewing or download.

Bob
Old November 18th 10, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find the polar for the HP-14?

Paul Bikle reported polar test results for his T-6, which was a
slightly modified HP-14T (T-tail rather than V-tail) in the June 1970
issue of SOARING magazine ("Polars of Eight, page 16).

The new SSA Archive has this issue available for viewing or download.

Bob

The article is also on the Schreder Designs website.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/HP-14/T-6.html

In addition to the "T" tail, Bikle made slight modifications to the HP-14 airfoil and extended the wing span of "T-6."

Here is the analysis of the Bikle airfoil.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Te...foil_Tests.pdf

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old November 18th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Opps, I misspoke. The "T-6" wings were shortened from 16.64 meters to 14.93 meters.

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find the polar for the HP-14?

Paul Bikle reported polar test results for his T-6, which was a
slightly modified HP-14T (T-tail rather than V-tail) in the June 1970
issue of SOARING magazine ("Polars of Eight, page 16).

The new SSA Archive has this issue available for viewing or download.

Bob

The article is also on the Schreder Designs website.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/HP-14/T-6.html

In addition to the "T" tail, Bikle made slight modifications to the HP-14 airfoil and extended the wing span of "T-6."

Here is the analysis of the Bikle airfoil.
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Te...foil_Tests.pdf

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Looking for PW-6's measured polar Maciek Soaring 4 January 15th 09 10:45 PM
Kestrel 17 Polar Jim Archer Soaring 3 November 24th 08 05:17 PM
WinPilot glide polar for Speed Astir [email protected] Soaring 2 March 4th 08 04:41 PM
K8 Polar Mike Schumann Soaring 2 July 22nd 06 04:10 PM
18m polar curve Alan Irving Soaring 1 December 15th 03 11:45 PM