Piper Saratoga down in Alabama

Old January 31st 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Piper Saratoga down in Alabama

Anyone have any information on the Piper Saratoga down near Camden, Alabama
over the weekend? I learned to fly in the 60's from a grass strip in the
area.

Old January 31st 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Piper Lance went down with one fatal - lady pax - pilot still in coma
as of 2100 12/30/06. Cause of accident unknown at this point. I saw
them just before they departed KBFM and I was departing with 2
students. Chief CFI, Bobby Mooring was the one who found the wreckage
and directed the ground crews in early sunday. Pax apparently killed on
impact according to ground crew at the scene. Pilot was well qualified
and meticulous according to Mooring. Many knew both occupants and were
well thought of locally.

Old January 31st 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
Piper Lance went down with one fatal - lady pax - pilot still in coma
as of 2100 12/30/06. Cause of accident unknown at this point.\

Sorry to hear of this, and not to make a joke, but you ought to switch jobs.
Predicting crashes 11 months in advance is quite a trick!

Condolences for the late, and best wishes for the survivor.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 31st 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Another one? Again? Man oh man...

The Monk

Old January 31st 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

If we as a fraternity would read the daily FAA crash listings, uhhhh
daily, it would be sobering - might even make us more safety
concious....

denny

Old January 31st 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Morgans wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Piper Lance went down with one fatal - lady pax - pilot still in coma
as of 2100 12/30/06. Cause of accident unknown at this point.\

Sorry to hear of this, and not to make a joke, but you ought to switch jobs.
Predicting crashes 11 months in advance is quite a trick!

Condolences for the late, and best wishes for the survivor.
--
Jim in NC

Jim
Was a late flight last night so I got twitchy on the numbers. And, I'll
bet there will be another fatal crash in 11 months..someplace....
Rocky @KBFM

Old January 31st 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
If we as a fraternity would read the daily FAA crash listings, uhhhh
daily, it would be sobering - might even make us more safety
concious....

denny

If we , as a fraternity, would read all the daily automobile crash listings,
we wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Something like 17,000 per day in the US (many, of course, are minor).

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com

Old January 31st 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
newsPydnb2sRbgiQULenZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
If we as a fraternity would read the daily FAA crash listings, uhhhh
daily, it would be sobering - might even make us more safety
concious....

denny

If we , as a fraternity, would read all the daily automobile crash
listings, we wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Something like 17,000 per day in the US (many, of course, are minor).

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com
Spell checking is left as an excercise for the reader.

Over 110 traffic deaths in the U.S. every day. Even those would take a
while to read.

Old January 31st 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Dave Stadt" wrote)
Over 110 traffic deaths in the U.S. every day. Even those would take a
while to read.

I always think about the ones who didn't die.

400 more per day who are really, really messed up?

Montblack

Old February 1st 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
Piper Lance went down with one fatal - lady pax - pilot still in coma
as of 2100 12/30/06. Cause of accident unknown at this point. I saw
them just before they departed KBFM and I was departing with 2
students. Chief CFI, Bobby Mooring was the one who found the wreckage
and directed the ground crews in early sunday. Pax apparently killed
on
impact according to ground crew at the scene. Pilot was well qualified
and meticulous according to Mooring. Many knew both occupants and were
well thought of locally.

"Pilot was well qualified and meticulous according to Mooring."
How often do we hear this after a crash? And Bobby would be in a
position to really know this, too. He's flown with most of the pilots
at BFM--he's given me two BFRs.

The FAA prelim. report says he had canceled IFR. Spatial disorientation
trying a VFR approach at night?

The weather report from MGM a while later was good VFR:
WEATHER: KMGM 281853Z 17012KT 10SM FEW050 21/07 A3029

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Piper Technical Publications List Jim Burns Owning 7 January 21st 05 03:27 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Wm Buckley on John Kerry Big John Piloting 22 February 7th 04 02:19 AM
New Piper Aircraft Designations EDR Piloting 8 October 27th 03 01:18 PM
WTB PIPER SARATOGA II TC JOKERG Aviation Marketplace 0 August 6th 03 09:38 PM