Ventus rigging advice, please?

Old July 21st 19, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John McLaughlin

Default Ventus rigging advice, please?

Thanks everyone - I think I've got it cracked now - right wing first, tape
it.
Then, the big thing I've learnt is to feel inside the battery rack below
the
spars. I can now tell, by feel whether the second wing is too high or too
low
and knowing that makes all the difference.

Old July 21st 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John McLaughlin

And maybe next time, I should proof read my posting!

Old July 21st 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John McLaughlin

And maybe next time, I should proof read my posting!

Old July 22nd 19, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Bralla

On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 11:15:05 AM UTC-7, John McLaughlin wrote:
Thanks everyone - I think I've got it cracked now - right wing first, tape
it.
Then, the big thing I've learnt is to feel inside the battery rack below
the
spars. I can now tell, by feel whether the second wing is too high or too
low
and knowing that makes all the difference.

Not the way I do it but if it works for you.... Practice is the most important thing. Enjoy your Ventus. I'm enjoying mine.
Steve
Old July 22nd 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 11:15:05 AM UTC-7, John McLaughlin wrote:
Thanks everyone - I think I've got it cracked now - right wing first, tape
it.
Then, the big thing I've learnt is to feel inside the battery rack below
the
spars. I can now tell, by feel whether the second wing is too high or too
low
and knowing that makes all the difference.

I put reference marks on the spar butt ends and inside the fuselage that indicate when the correct dihedral angle is achieved. I also using my index finger to feel for a mismatch between the main pin bushings while adjusting the height of the fuselage jack (start low and gradually go up). You can feel even the slightest misalignment.

Tom
Old July 22nd 19, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John McLaughlin

'Not the way to do it'

Why not?

Old July 22nd 19, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

He said not the way "I" do it. Quite a difference.
Dan
On Monday, July 22, 2019 at 2:45:04 PM UTC-4, John McLaughlin wrote:
'Not the way to do it'

Why not?

Old July 22nd 19, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Hodgetts

..... Or you could swap it for a K6e, John. Never a problem to rigg, and
you
would get some change.
Keep smiling, Paul H

Old July 22nd 19, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John McLaughlin

Apologies to Steve and thanks for your wise words Dan and Paul.

Old August 3rd 19, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 5:00:05 AM UTC-4, John McLaughlin wrote:
I've recently started flying a Ventus2. I can't rig the thing without a lot
of
struggle. The trouble is, there's a cover above the spars and you can't see

anything once the first wing is in.

I struggle to get the second wing to fit, never knowing whether it's a bit
too
high or a bit too low. The ground is uneven and sloping, which doesn't
help.

I hope some Ventus owners can give me some tips, please?

ventus rigging visual clues [email protected] Soaring 13 May 3rd 18 12:08 PM
Ka-6 Rigging vontresc Soaring 19 August 14th 08 04:55 AM
Ventus C rigging James Hamilton Soaring 8 July 7th 06 08:30 AM
Ventus C rigging James Hamilton Soaring 0 July 6th 06 07:41 PM
ski rigging Drew Dalgleish Home Built 3 December 3rd 03 05:16 AM