What is the best way to fly for an airline?

Old January 3rd 11, 10:55 PM
ShaggyAce ShaggyAce is offline
Junior Member

Default What is the best way to fly for an airline?

I am currently a sophomore in college, accounting major. I have thought about either joining AFROTC and commisioning with their accelerated program and hopefully getting a pilot slot. I have also thought about enlisting in the ANG while in college and paying for some hours on the sides while eventually applying for a pilot slot after I get my degree. But I have heard that there will be a rise in demand for airline pilots in 2012 that will favor the civilian trained pilots that aren't committed to a military career for 10 years. If I do go civilian I would have to take out a loan to pay for it and add to the $50,000 in loans i will have for my degree. After training Im guessing Ill be in debt $100,000-$120,000, is it worth it? Should I train through military(AFROTC or ANG) or go civilian with a local flight school and build the hours myself?
Old July 6th 11, 01:35 PM
suzienderson suzienderson is offline
Junior Member

I think you should have do civilian with a local school. With this you can be a pilot and you can fly the flight and touch the sky.

Old Airline Ads, pt 5 - TWA 06.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 January 6th 09 01:31 PM
Old Airline Ads, pt 5 - TWA 05.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 January 6th 09 01:31 PM
What Airline is this Eagle Eye Aviation Photos 4 May 16th 08 05:18 PM
Airline Lobby Group Says GA traffic Is The Main Cause Of Airline Delays Larry Dighera Piloting 0 July 7th 07 01:19 PM
Virtual Airline sues Real Airline Joseph Brown Simulators 4 April 25th 04 09:10 PM