IFR Through Cleveland

Old June 1st 04, 01:08 AM
Bartscher

Default IFR Through Cleveland

I'll be heading from Toledo to Buffalo late in June and I'm wondering if the
Cleveland class B is accomodating for IFR flights through their area, or if I
should expect to be vectored well around the area. Since I won't have life
rafts or jackets onboard, I want to make sure that I get vectored South if
anywhere.

Any information would be appreciated on routings, altitudes, etc... that
typically work out. The software I'm using spit out SKY DJB JFN as a recomended
routing, but this heads right over Cleveland Hopkins so I'm skeptical.

Thanks,
Eric
Old June 2nd 04, 12:44 AM
Steve S

I"ve flown numerous IFR flights to Cleveland and over it. You will find
them very accomodating as the airspace is not a terribly busy Class B.

I fly out of the NY Class B so I know from busy :-)

Steve S

Old June 2nd 04, 04:22 PM
PaulH

I flew east IFR through Cleveland earlier this month. No problem
entering the Class B but they did vector me north away from Dryer and
I ended up a couple of miles out over the lake before they turned me
back on course. I was high enough that I wasn't concerned about a
water landing, though there aren't a lot of options along that lake
front other than Burke.