What's your avorite airliner?

Old June 15th 04, 04:21 PM
Jim

Super G Connie. God, what a beautiful ship. But then, I'm old.
Old June 15th 04, 04:31 PM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
Kevin Rhodes wrote:

RJ-85 as flown by NW Airlink (Mesaba). Very cool looking plane, has GREAT
first class seats

What he said. Best domestic first class seats, IMHO, and more
comfortable than some international business class seats I've seen.

Old June 15th 04, 06:58 PM
John Kunkel

"Jim" wrote in message

Super G Connie. God, what a beautiful ship. But then, I'm old.

I'm with you, Jim, these turbine guys don't appreciate true beauty on the
wing.

Old June 16th 04, 02:34 AM
Quantum Foam Guy

"MMB" wrote in message
B757, not really sure why but I think it is just the way it looks. It

looks
like a true airliner, high off the ground sleek lines, can fly in and out

of
most airports and it can go the distance.

Based on appearance only, I think a lot of people would agree with you. It
is a very graceful looking airliner, although the 757-3 kills the effect.

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago

be
quite pleasant.

(And I ask if any of the many local trolls answer this message, you

others
please don't encourage them.)

--
"I'll find Fry's coffin, get his corpse and keep it under my mattress to
remind me that he's really dead. That'll prove I'm not insane!"

Goliath & Wildwing's Storage Room
http://anatidae.homestead.com/

Old June 16th 04, 07:02 PM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"james_anatidae" wrote:

In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to be
quite pleasant.

(And I ask if any of the many local trolls answer this message, you others
please don't encourage them.)

To me, it makes no difference which type of aircraft I fly on as long as
it gets me where I am going safety and reasonably on time.
Old June 17th 04, 12:40 AM
Geoff Glave

In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"?

I love it when I get the odd chance to fly a triple-seven. Looking
WAY down at those huge engines and that giant fuselage. It's an
impressive plane.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old June 17th 04, 11:15 AM
davefr

Tri Stars. (commonly referred to as "try to starts")

Those Rolls RB211's were a little finicky in high/dry conditions like
SLC. Sometime they'd need a "jump start".

The L1011 airframe was built like a tank.

I was also fond of MD-11's. (especially in first class)

Old June 17th 04, 05:03 PM
Robert Briggs

james_anatidae wrote:

In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"?

G-BOAF, which has since been retired at Filton. :-(
Old June 17th 04, 05:53 PM
Dick Locke

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:34:01 -0500, "Quantum Foam Guy"
wrote:

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago

Original message gone, replying to reply

Since this is turning into a nostalgia exercise, let me throw in
Convair 990. It felt and sounded like a rocket. I think it was the
first commercial fan-jet, which gave it its unique sound. Only flew it
once and it made an impression.