Cambridge GPS-NAV language

Old February 21st 04, 09:15 PM
Paul Remde

Default Cambridge GPS-NAV language

Hi,

I don't believe you can switch languages without sending it back to the
factory. The reason I think that is true is that they sell several versions
of the GPS-NAV display. One in English, one in German, one in Italian, etc.

However, I've never gone through that process, so I'm not certain.

I suggest you e-mail the factory, or your local representative. The factory
web site is:
http://www.cambridge-aero.com

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring Supplies

"Willy VINKEN" wrote in message
news
Anybody knows how to switch langages on a Cambridge GPS-NAV Model 20 ?
The one I would like to read in english displays italian...
Willy VINKEN

Old February 22nd 04, 02:16 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I have no idea what the internal circuitry is in the GPS-NAV power system.
I wouldn't recommend connecting 2 batteries to any device at the same time.
It seems like asking for trouble.

You'll have to contact Cambridge for an answer to that one. I'll forward
this note to Gary at Cambridge.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring Supplies

"Willy VINKEN" wrote in message
Paul,

Thanks for a quick answer! Too bad they didn't at least add english
as standard. Memory chips were expensive in those times...
I have another question:
Power can be supplied to Model 20 through the RJ11 connector and/
or a reverse-polarized barrel connector. In the ASH25E imported from
Italy, one is connected to the avionics battery and the other to the
engine battery. Can both be left connected at the same time?
If both power lines had diodes in series inside the unit, this would
prevent current flowing between the batteries, with the added benefit
of powering the appliance with the highest voltage.

Willy VINKEN
Tournai Air Club
Belgium

Old February 22nd 04, 02:46 AM
BPattonsoa

Eh Paul

When is the new version of Flight Navigator II (III) going to arrive? I want
to upgrade to get the 1 mile turnpoint radius before the season starts, plus
all the other upgrades Chip has put in. Either that or go to the competition.

Bruce Patton
Old February 22nd 04, 06:52 AM
Mark Navarre

When is the new version of Flight Navigator II (III) going to arrive? I want
to upgrade to get the 1 mile turnpoint radius before the season starts, plus
all the other upgrades Chip has put in. Either that or go to the
competition.

Bruce Patton

New version not required for that, just go to "waypoint arrival radius" in the
menu and set the distance you want. Been like that since the beginning.
-
Mark Navarre
ASW-20 OD
California, USA
-
Old February 22nd 04, 01:41 PM
David Kinsell

"Willy VINKEN" wrote in message ...

Power can be supplied to Model 20 through the RJ11 connector and/
or a reverse-polarized barrel connector. In the ASH25E imported from
Italy, one is connected to the avionics battery and the other to the
engine battery. Can both be left connected at the same time?
If both power lines had diodes in series inside the unit, this would
prevent current flowing between the batteries, with the added benefit
of powering the appliance with the highest voltage.

I'd check that very carefully. It's not likely there are diodes in there,
and you could end up with high current flows through the instrument.

Dave

Old February 22nd 04, 04:46 PM
BPattonsoa

New version not required for that, just go to "waypoint arrival radius" in
the
menu and set the distance you want. Been like that since the beginning.

No, not in the version I donwloaded yesterday. The maximum it will accept is
..0.5 miles. Enter 1 in via the SIP and it reverts to 0.5.

Bruce

Old February 22nd 04, 10:17 PM
Ian McPhee

I seem to remember Cambridge offer English, German, French, and
Italian and it will say 5.3G for german say - contact Gary at Horne
Lake. 5 screws and you can change it over yourself and they (or I)
have the instructions as sheet.
Ian McPhee
Box 657 Byron Bay NSW Australia 2481
tel +61 2 66847642
Old February 22nd 04, 11:09 PM
Bill

Bruce,

The program didnt like me using the keyboard to enter numbers, the
value would revert just like it did for you. When I tried the up/down
arrows just to the right of the input window, everything worked fine.

FYI, I am using version 2.1 Beta 9.

Bill Richardson
4W

(BPattonsoa) wrote in message ...
New version not required for that, just go to "waypoint arrival radius" in
the
menu and set the distance you want. Been like that since the beginning.

No, not in the version I donwloaded yesterday. The maximum it will accept is
.0.5 miles. Enter 1 in via the SIP and it reverts to 0.5.

Bruce

CFIs: THE IMPORTANCE OF LANGUAGE! gatt Piloting 51 February 2nd 05 12:39 AM
Radio - foul language M. J. Powell Military Aviation 81 February 12th 04 11:33 PM
FS Cambridge 302/303 H201b Soaring 2 December 21st 03 09:05 PM
Updated IGC approval documents for Cambridge GNSS flight recorders Ian Strachan Soaring 0 August 27th 03 05:28 PM
Cambridge Aero Instruments Ulrich Soaring 6 August 7th 03 05:48 PM