Zoom

Old April 12th 05, 02:50 PM
Cy Galley

Default Zoom

I see via ANN that Zoom has been served his annual non-invitation!

Old April 12th 05, 03:45 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:50:17 GMT, "Cy Galley" wrote:

I see via ANN that Zoom has been served his annual non-invitation!

Sometimes the old traditions are the best. :-)

For those who haven't heard, half of Zoom's lawsuit against SnF was dismissed
last fall... the claim of invasion of privacy.

Ron Wanttaja

Old April 12th 05, 03:46 PM
Steve Foley

It's too bad they didn't write the message on paint-balls and deliver them
with CO2

Old April 12th 05, 10:21 PM
Dude

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
I see via ANN that Zoom has been served his annual non-invitation!

The fact that so many see it on ANN is not helping the cause of the SnF
folks. (or really Zoom).

I think both sides would do better to let it go, but its more likely that I
will catch a ride to Oshkosh on a supersonic flying pig.

Old April 13th 05, 12:48 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Dude" wrote in message

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
I see via ANN that Zoom has been served his annual non-invitation!

The fact that so many see it on ANN is not helping the cause of the SnF
folks. (or really Zoom).

I think both sides would do better to let it go, but its more likely that
I will catch a ride to Oshkosh on a supersonic flying pig.

I figure that SnF has let it go.. They would be happy leaving it as status
quo- i.e. no zoom at SnF. Zoom's the one who can't give it up.

My guess is that SnF would probably drop the ban if Zoom behaved nicely for
a few years and stopped publishing the annual series of anti-SnF pieces.
Today's selection was pitiful at best, with ANN taking plenty of implied
shots at SnF just in the tone of their articles.

KB

Old April 13th 05, 03:12 AM
Ron Natalie

Steve Foley wrote:
It's too bad they didn't write the message on paint-balls and deliver them
with CO2

....or lead balls delivered with gunpowder.
Old April 13th 05, 03:25 AM
LCT Paintball

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
It's too bad they didn't write the message on paint-balls and deliver them
with CO2

You makin' fun of me?

Old April 13th 05, 03:42 AM
Dude

I figure that SnF has let it go.. They would be happy leaving it as status
quo- i.e. no zoom at SnF. Zoom's the one who can't give it up.

My guess is that SnF would probably drop the ban if Zoom behaved nicely
for a few years and stopped publishing the annual series of anti-SnF
pieces. Today's selection was pitiful at best, with ANN taking plenty of
implied shots at SnF just in the tone of their articles.

KB

Unless you don't believe the ANN story about them taping multiple copies of
the ban to the door of the ANN office, then you can't believe they have
dropped it. Even if the story is embellished, it would be best for them to
use a process server or professional delivery service rather than tape.

I think there is plenty of anymosity on both sides, and if SnF were to let
it go, they would simply let Zoom have his press pass and let him in to rant
and rave however he sees fit. Better yet, keep him under unobtrusive
surveillance so that if he starts any fights with anyone they have all the
evidence they need to throw him out and deny him entrance forever.

I met Zoom not too long ago, and frankly, I found him to be a rather meek
and nerdy kind of guy. I bet I could raise his blood pressure with a stern
look.

The experience put the lie to both his self promoted test pilot image as
well as many stores about his behavior. He did seem the type that would
hide behind a lawyer though, so I can believe those tales. I understand he
did a good job of ruining some businesses, and I can't blame anyone for
taking action for being so maligned. Unfortunately, everyone who reads his
reviews hasn't had a chance to meet him.

Old April 13th 05, 05:07 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ron Natalie wrote:
Steve Foley wrote:

It's too bad they didn't write the message on paint-balls and deliver
them
with CO2

...or lead balls delivered with gunpowder.

You guys are just not being creative enough. Think of all the toys Acme™
has.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 13th 05, 07:23 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:42:54 GMT, "Dude" wrote:

I figure that SnF has let it go.. They would be happy leaving it as status
quo- i.e. no zoom at SnF. Zoom's the one who can't give it up.

My guess is that SnF would probably drop the ban if Zoom behaved nicely
for a few years and stopped publishing the annual series of anti-SnF
pieces. Today's selection was pitiful at best, with ANN taking plenty of
implied shots at SnF just in the tone of their articles.

Unless you don't believe the ANN story about them taping multiple copies of
the ban to the door of the ANN office, then you can't believe they have
dropped it. Even if the story is embellished, it would be best for them to
use a process server or professional delivery service rather than tape.

I don't think SnF sent Zoom a notice reminding him that he was banned from the
show last year. And, of course, Zoom entered SnF grounds, despite the fact that
the ban was still valid, and despite the fact that he had an ongoing lawsuit
against the organization. I don't blame SnF for sending a reminder this year.

Whether SnF or "parties unknown" were responsible for the alleged multiple-copy
delivery, we'll probably never know. Like the "unwanted poster" Richard
mentioned, I bet it becomes a real collector's item....

Ron Wanttaja

Zoom for Free Quilljar Simulators 2 January 17th 05 06:57 PM
new URL for the Captain Zoom web page John Ousterhout Home Built 20 August 23rd 04 02:11 AM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
Old Time RAH Zoom Warriors read this! Bill Berle Home Built 3 March 23rd 04 03:50 AM