High Blood Pressure -- Part II

Old May 4th 05, 10:15 PM
TripFarmer

Man that sounds good............No kidding.

Trip

In article gmWde.1212999$8l.1110213@pd7tw1no, er says...

"Montblack" wrote in message
snip
Good job Jay. Very good job. Well done!

I've rediscovered basic oatmeal these past few months. I sprinkle not too
much in a bowl, water it down, nuke it for 1 minute + 20 more seconds

after
a quick stir, and eat it, plain - nothing on it. Plus it's about .003

cents
per serving. Fills me up better than anything I've tried.

snip

Nicely done Jay. Great self discipline, it is a lifestyle makeover.

I am also a lifelong oatmeal fan but I am more of a slow cooked kind of guy.

I bring 8 cups of water to boil and add 1 handful of flax seeds, 3 cups of
organic slow oats, 1 cup 7grain cereal, 1 handful sunflower seeds, 1 handful
of unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 large handful of raisins and simmer for
aprox 45 min. stir occasionally and turn off heat after about 15 min. No
salt or sugar. I like to add 1 or 2 fine chopped apples late in the
cooking. Take a portion for today and allow the rest to cool, then add
enough low fat or soy milk (stir well) to prevent solidification and lumping
when refrigerated. The next few days I just have to add a little more milk
and a quick microwave. I usually add a sliced banana or other fruit and a
couple of slices of whole grain toast. This is all complex carb and takes
all day to digest so I seldom want to eat lunch or donuts.

I save the running for when it is too muddy or icy for my mountain bike,
which is easy on my knees and my two dogs love it as I can finally keep up
to them.

BP 115/70 YMMV

Blue skies to all

Old May 5th 05, 01:24 AM
Cecil Chapman

Good move, Jay! While it was creeping up as I put on weight, high blood
pressure wasn't my problem. A handful of months ago, I began a weight loss
program since it occurred to me that I would really like to be able to
accommodate pilots who wanted to train in the C152 (i.e., later when I have
my CFI). At the time I had let myself get up to about 185 which didn't
'disqualify' me from flying in the 152's it would however limit me to taking
up exceptionally petite students grin. So, I had a Carnation instant
breakfast for breakfast, Lunch a grilled chicken breast and dinner varies
from healthy choice chicken soup and pasta to a grilled turkey burger and
some V-8. Anyway, I am down to 165 and was amazed how much further my blood
pressure went down. Just 15 or 20 lbs of excess weight makes a big
difference. I'm going down to 155 and staying there (I am about 5' 7").

Great work and good story to hear!!! :0)

My wife and I really do have to check out your Inn some day!!! :0)

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"

Old May 5th 05, 01:41 AM
Cecil Chapman

Actually, the, uh, regularity that comes with eating a lot of fruit hasn't
been a big change for me -- I've ALWAYS been that way! ;-)

Besides, I think a beer once or twice a week provides the same results...
--
Jay Honeck

Hmmm... I think we are learning a little more about you than we'd like
GRIN LOL!

=-----

Old May 5th 05, 12:41 PM
Martin Hotze

On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:24:19 GMT, Cecil Chapman wrote:

My wife and I really do have to check out your Inn some day!!! :0)

... with fresh fruit served to your room every morning ... err .. or was
this breakfast & newspaper? :-)

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg
Old May 5th 05, 03:27 PM
Jay Honeck

.. with fresh fruit served to your room every morning ... err .. or was
this breakfast & newspaper? :-)

http://alexisparkinn.com/breakfast_delivered!.htm

We've offered fruit as part of our free delivered breakfast since we
opened...

(Ignore the chocolate cake donuts, blueberry muffins, cream cheese, etc...)

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA