Room available for EAA

Old July 6th 05, 12:48 AM

Default Room available for EAA

We had someone from Kansas City who was going to stay with us during the EAA
Airventure, but changed his mind about coming. So now my wife and I are
happy to offer our spare bedroom in our house in northern Appleton,
Wisconsin, about 35 minutes from EAA in Oshkosh. It isn't much, just a
futon mattress on the floor with sheets and blankets, some built-in chest
drawers and a closet. If you are traveling with a spouse or significant
other, the mattress is "Double" sized. A couple would fit on it okay, but
without all the room of a Queen or King sized mattress. You can use our
bathroom, kitchen and laundry of course. I'll be volunteering at EAA on
Friday the 29th and Sunday the 31st for sure, and will probably attend other
days too. On the days I'm going you can ride there and back with me. Other
days you'll have to find another way there.

We have a cat and a medium sized dog both of whose main hobby appears to be
shedding. We vacuum every day, but if you have pet allergies, you don't
want too stay here! We also have a 17-year-old boy living here (my son)
but he doesn't bite strangers. Neither does the dog. We are offering this
room for free, just as a favor to someone who we hope will pay the favor
forward to someone else someday.
Scott Wilson and Janet Mohr
Old July 6th 05, 04:07 AM
RST Engineering

You, sir, are a credit to the whole thing that EAA is all about. Bless you.
I hope you are rewarded a thousandfold.

Jim

Old July 6th 05, 11:12 AM

Awww, shucks, ain't nothin'.... For anyone interested in our offer, I
should mention that my wife and I are adamant non-smokers, so if you smoke I
doubt we'd be comfortable with each other. It might be better if I restrict
our offer to non-smokers.
Scott Wilson
Old July 6th 05, 04:12 PM
Jay Honeck

We are offering this
room for free, just as a favor to someone who we hope will pay the favor
forward to someone else someday.
Scott Wilson and Janet Mohr

Good job, Scott!

Your action represents everything that is good and wonderful about EAA and
my home-state of Wisconsin!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 6th 05, 05:45 PM
Montblack

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Your action represents everything that is good and wonderful about EAA and
my home-state of Wisconsin!

Did your roomless friends find a dorm room?

Montblack

Old July 6th 05, 06:05 PM
Jay Honeck

Your action represents everything that is good and wonderful about EAA
and my home-state of Wisconsin!

Did your roomless friends find a dorm room?

Better than that. When they told EAA of their dilemma, and their inability
to camp on the field (no plane, plus Christine is pregnant), the person at
EAA found them a room in a house ON THE FIELD!

It's not free, but, dang -- a room in a house ON Wittman Field? That's
incredible.

I know where we'll be heading if the temperatures exceed 90 degrees...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 7th 05, 12:32 AM

Okay, we have a winner... We'll be hosting a couple from New York City.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. We'll see ya'll at the show!
Scott W.
Old July 7th 05, 12:45 AM
RST Engineering

Is there anything you need at the show? I think I can get YOU and yer
lovely SO passes if you need them. Parking passes? A beer at Jay's RAP
party in the North 40 (spamcan row) on Wednesday night?

Jim

wrote in message ...
Okay, we have a winner... We'll be hosting a couple from New York City.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. We'll see ya'll at the show!
Scott W.

Room available for EAA [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 20 July 7th 05 11:09 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
Anyone want to split room for SSA Convention Jeff Landfield Soaring 1 January 27th 04 05:05 PM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Owning 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Piloting 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM