Good Luck, Jim!

Old October 7th 03, 07:56 PM
Rich S.

Default Good Luck, Jim!

As one of your major contributors ($1) I'd like to extend my best wishes for
you in the vote today.

Rich S.

Old October 7th 03, 09:47 PM
Jim Weir

And I will post a list of my major contributors ($1) tomorrow after the hoopla
has all died down.

I may not win, but I'm not going to lose, either. Both General Aviation and
California Education had a champion with a bully pulpit the last ten weeks. If
only ten percent of the people I had as an audience with radio and TV got the
message, it was worth every second and every penny of it.

Thank you all for coming along on the ride...and now I gotta go teach until ten
tonight.

Jim

"Rich S."

-As one of your major contributors ($1) I'd like to extend my best wishes for
-you in the vote today.
-
-Rich S.
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old October 8th 03, 04:27 AM
John Ousterhout

As another major contributor, I am shocked and bitterly disappointed
that you didn't win. OTOH Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan O'Brien
and John Stewart are probably thrilled that Arnold is going to be
Governor.

I wonder how long before the CA citizens realize what they 've done to
themselves and start another recall?

- J.O.-

Old October 8th 03, 06:04 AM
Richard Riley

:
:I wonder how long before the CA citizens realize what they 've done to
:themselves and start another recall?

According to Bob Mulholland and Terry McAuliffe, they have $3 million
and will start gathering signatures tomorrow.

I doubt it's going to work. The laws been on the books since 1910 or
so, and there have been something like 60 attempts to recall gov's
that haven't gotten enough votes to get an election. Between Arnold
and McClintock, Republicans got 60% of the votes. Davis was the
perfect recallable candidate - he was widely hated by the office
holders in his own party, had no personal charm at all, was a complete
failure as a leader, was widely thought of as corrupt, and didn't rise
to the occasion of any problems the state faced.

At the very least, Arnold is likeable and isn't corrupt.

The REAL fun starts tomorrow, when Davis starts signing emergency
legislation. Any guess as to how big a pension he's going to give
himself and the current legislators?
Old October 8th 03, 06:25 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Richard Riley" wrote in message

Between Arnold and McClintock, Republicans got 60% of the votes.

Bad idea to assume that this was a vote for republicans. First of all,
Arnold is anything but a typical republican. Second, the whole issue was
about trying to do something about business as usual, not about putting a
republican in the governor's office.

The real fun won't start tomorrow with Davis doing anything. The real fun
starts with the criminal cases generated by the sexual harassment and
assault cases. You think those 15 women are going to let the issue drop?
Don't think so.

I'm also surprised that the media didn't seem to take note that along with
the accusations of admiring Hitler there was a little known fact that didn't
get much media attention: Arnold's father was a brownshirt Nazi during WWII,
and he wasn't forced to wear the uniform.

Old October 8th 03, 06:26 AM
Mark Hickey

John Ousterhout
wrote:

As another major contributor, I am shocked and bitterly disappointed
that you didn't win. OTOH Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan O'Brien
and John Stewart are probably thrilled that Arnold is going to be
Governor.

I wonder how long before the CA citizens realize what they 've done to
themselves and start another recall?

How can anyone make it worse? At least there will be some
entertainment value involved now - kind of like Jesse Ventura with a
brain.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old October 8th 03, 07:13 AM
Jerry Springer

Juan Jimenez wrote:
[...]

Where have you been during this whole campaign? It was brought up everyday.

Jerry

Old October 8th 03, 07:45 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...

Where have you been during this whole campaign? It was brought up

everyday.

Far away from the zoo.

Old October 8th 03, 09:38 AM
Owe Rudbeck

"Juan Jimenez" skrev i meddelandet

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...

Where have you been during this whole campaign? It was brought up

everyday.

Far away from the zoo.

Really, have not been home lately then?

Owe with very low thoughts about Zoom & his followers.

Old October 8th 03, 04:59 PM
Juan Jimenez

Keep your day job. The comeback kid you're not. BTW, do you pay your bills
on time?

"Owe Rudbeck" wrote in message

"Juan Jimenez" skrev i meddelandet

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...

Where have you been during this whole campaign? It was brought up

everyday.

Far away from the zoo.

Really, have not been home lately then?

Owe with very low thoughts about Zoom & his followers.

what's a good country for a homebuilt aircraft? Lukas Home Built 17 September 25th 03 06:53 PM
bulding a kitplane maybe Van's RV9A --- a good idea ????? Flightdeck Home Built 10 September 9th 03 07:20 PM
A Good Story Badwater Bill Home Built 15 September 3rd 03 03:00 PM
Good degreaser? Michael Horowitz Home Built 15 July 17th 03 05:49 PM
War Stories: Good degreaser? B2431 Home Built 1 July 16th 03 03:18 PM