Must haves!

Old May 12th 04, 09:15 AM
Alan White

On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:31:37 +1000, "John Ward"
wrote:

Grilled Kippers?

1 10mg Losec for my gastric reflux.
1 cod liver oil capsule to lubricate my aging sixty-six and eleven
twelfth year old joints and to stop my brain decaying. (There is
evidence that this doesn't work).
1 vitamin B12 pill which Lesley says compensates for the lack of meat
in my diet. (She's a vegetarian which means that I either cook for
myself or become one as well. Your guess!)
A bowl of muesli with buttermilk.
A banana.
A glass of fresh orange juice.

For lunch, a light snack, usually something on toast.

For dinner, whatever magnificent vegetarian concoction Lesley has
invented. When I say magnificent I'm not joking.

For pre-bed, a cup of tea and as many chocolate biscuits as I can cram
down before being caught.

I'm allowed meat at Christmas and when I get an overpowering craving
for it, usually every six months or so and it's for sausages.

Just to further satisfy your curiosity, there's a picture of us on the
title page of our web site (URL in sig below).

HTH :-)

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.
Old May 12th 04, 09:49 AM
Alan White

On Wed, 12 May 2004 02:29:34 +0200, Major Ursa
wrote:

BTW. for the UT part of this thread there is a summer-schedule
(actuallly schedule of last may) update for UT availabe on
http://www.flight1.com/ Cost you US$6

Thanks for that. Downloading now.

Old May 12th 04, 12:00 PM
Thomas Peel

wrote:

[...]

You should try this new FAT FLUSH diet, as much meat and salad as you
can eat, no carbohydrates, no coffee, no alcohol. It works.
T.

Old May 12th 04, 12:28 PM
Alan White

On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:00:11 +0200, Thomas Peel
wrote:

You should try this new FAT FLUSH diet

With a BMI of 24.8 I'm not sure I have enough fat to make flushing
worth while!

Old May 12th 04, 01:53 PM
Quilljar

I thoroughly recommend the Modified Atkins diet which I follow.
It consists of eating anything I like...

Old May 12th 04, 02:18 PM
Nathan

Thanks to you and everyone else that replied. I stayed up late downloading
the newest schedule for UT along with going to www.avsim.com and getting the
asyncronous strobes and parking gates.You are the best!

"MajorUrsa" wrote in message
nathantw wrote:
I have Ultimate Traffic and it's pretty cool. However, since I have

daylight
savings here in California I'm suffering from the programming problem in

FS9
where it doesn't know how to compensate for it. So flights that are

suppose
to be taking off at 10 don't actually take off until 11.

Remember that the schedule used by UT is from december 2003. To make
meaningfull flightplans these have to be deduced to UTC somehow. The
same moment in UTC means a different clock in May.

Also, I'm not sure
if this is an Ultimate Traffic problem or not, but all the strobes on

the
planes landing at night are in sync meaning they all blink at the exact

same
time. That looks really hokey.

Never noticed that. Will take a look. This would diminish realism I
agree. It is probably a blinking 'texture' and not part of the
AI-simulation 'per' aircraft, which would be too expensive in

processortime.

I've actually been looking at getting My Traffic because the planes
supposedly have correct places to park, such as Fed Ex will park in a

Fed Ex
place and United Airlines will park in their places at an airport.

Ultimate
Traffic's default is all planes park whereever there's room.

As Alan White pointed out during breakfast this depends on the AFCAD
file used. UT comes with a load of AFCADs for the major airports, but
none of them have specified parking spots. For most airports you can
find very good alternatives on Avsim and the ususal places, that will
provide these spots as close to reality as is usefull. You can put these
in the Addon/Scenery folder.(You might want to displace the AFCAD that
UT put there, find the F1UT_xxxx.bgl, where xxxx is the ICAO name of the
field).

So no need to switch to MyTraffic for this reason alone.

"Graham" wrote in message

Having been out of simming for a good couple of years (I took up the
real thing!), I'm wondering what are the must haves. I see there is
Ultimate traffic and My Traffic. Any real difference between the two?
What is required nowadays for online flying etc. Any other add-ons
that you just wouldn't be without? All suggestions/comments welcomed

regards
Graham

--
==================================
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *

Old May 12th 04, 03:48 PM
Alan White

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:53:13 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
wrote:

It consists of eating anything I like...

I eat what's put in front of me, and enjoy... :-)

Old May 13th 04, 10:16 PM
Graham

Think I should say thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Not too
certain whats happened to the news feed here..seem to have missed a
week somehow on this group! Very strange.

With UT does it result in the sim pausing every now and then or is
there very little noticeable effect.

regards
Graham

Old May 13th 04, 10:29 PM
MajorUrsa

Graham wrote:
Think I should say thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Not too
certain whats happened to the news feed here..seem to have missed a
week somehow on this group! Very strange.

You can always look back at
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=lang_nl|lang_en|lang_de&thread m=c9e4a05891m651l8vg4s5qof439r2ksqci%404ax.com&pre v=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_nl%257Clang_en%257Cla ng_de%26group%3Drec.aviation.simulators
but you prolly knew that.

With UT does it result in the sim pausing every now and then or is
there very little noticeable effect.

Yes, it does sometimes. Mainly shortly after entering a new flight it
will hickup noticably and sometimes while approaching an airfield. And
of course the AI_planes themselves need to be loaded and maintained
which can be quite a preformance hit.

Ursa..

--
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *