Cambridge 302 question

Old February 28th 19, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Olinger

Default Cambridge 302 question

Had my ship refinished and the 302 has had issues since. Replaced the temp probe due to damage and have flown it one time since. For the first 10 minutes the needle was at zero, later moving and matching the LX S100 data for the most part. I have it paired with a ClearNav and at one point the numbers on that we're crazy, as in showing 16,000 feet low on slope, etc. So, although I had already gone through each page of the 302 and checked the settings I did so again post-flight. All were normal and the temperature checked out so I know the probe is good.

My question is relating to numbers on page 10 of the 302, which actually has a number of sub-pages. One page is labeled IAS and shows 83 while on the ground and the next page, labeled ASI, is showing 1690. The manual says it should not show above 1000 while offering no guidance on adjustment, etc.

Any information to point me to resolving this issue is appreciated.

Old February 28th 19, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 10:34:16 AM UTC-5, Mark Olinger wrote:
[...]

Call Gary Kammerer. Contact info he
https://clearnav.net/main/cn-service.html

T8

Old February 28th 19, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 11:33:02 AM UTC-5, Mark Olinger wrote:
[...]

One more comment: the temperature probe is a potential source of problems. If it goes wonky, or the silly little phone jack connection isn't perfect, all hell brakes loose. The 302 works just fine without the probe. It's used to slightly improve the TAS calculation and this theoretically improves the wind calculation, but in the real world none of this matters very much.... but a malfunctioning instrument can matter quite a lot.

best,
Evan
Old February 28th 19, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Olinger

Having just put a new/used one to replace a damaged one in, will unplug it for my next flight and see. Thanks for the info.