Pix of our new fuel truck

Old January 11th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Pix of our new fuel truck

Ray Andraka wrote:
Jim wrote:
I can see a Pilatus or a Caravan in Ray's future to simply solve the 100LL
problem But that throws a wrench into the CPA Fly In!

Jim

A Caravan is on my list if I ever strike it rich :-) An AN-2 would be
another way to garner attention on the ramp, but at 45gph for 140 kts
using 100LL, it is rather expensive to fly.

Don't forget the 1 qph to 1 gph (depending on condition) of oil.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 11th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
6 kids? Wow... what are you flying now?!

A cherokee Six-260 with the 7th seat. Youngest is still under 2, so
riding on the lap still works for him for a few more weeks. Oldest is
17, so he's not always travelling with us these days.

When Ray arrives at the Cherokee Pilots Association fly-in, it's gonna
look like one of those clown-car routines! ;-)

I've seen 5 people climb out of a Luscombe...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old January 11th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Jay, it is that way no matter where we arrive. I've been known to bring
the whole brood, plus the dog (a fat yellow lab), and bags for a several
day visit. Even with all that, I still have enough useful load to fill
the tanks, and in the Six, that is almost 6 hours worth of fuel.
Unfortunately, we'll most likely be going to visit my parents for
Father's day weekend, along with all my sibling's families, so the CPA
flyin isn't likely to be a destination this year, especially considering
my older boys have final exams the week before and the week after that
weekend.

Dang. And I thought *our* kids went to school late in the summer. Yours
are in class the third week of JUNE?

I really, truly enjoy the Cherokee fly in. It is so informative, and
so friendly. The guys that put it together are doing it because they
love to do it, not so they can raise money -- and THAT makes a huge
difference, IMHO. It's really become our favorite fly in of the
summer.

Oh, well. There's talk of moving it to another location for '08, so
maybe they'll move the time, too?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 11th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Jay Honeck wrote:

Yeah, tell me about it. Third week of June is the last week of school.
Barring any snow days, the 18th is the last day (most years we have a
few snow days; this year so far has been too warm).

I like Tan-Tar-A, and it seems like a good place to bring the family,
although last time I was solo because of a conflict. Too bad on this
year's timing. Maybe next year. I also think it is one of the best
fly-ins. Maybe I'll make it out to OSH this year.
Old January 12th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Jay, it is that way no matter where we arrive. I've been known to bring
the whole brood, plus the dog (a fat yellow lab), and bags for a several
day visit. Even with all that, I still have enough useful load to fill
the tanks, and in the Six, that is almost 6 hours worth of fuel.
Unfortunately, we'll most likely be going to visit my parents for
Father's day weekend, along with all my sibling's families, so the CPA
flyin isn't likely to be a destination this year, especially considering
my older boys have final exams the week before and the week after that
weekend.

Dang. And I thought *our* kids went to school late in the summer. Yours
are in class the third week of JUNE?

He must live in the Republic of NY.

Matt
Old January 12th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Matt Whiting wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:

Jay, it is that way no matter where we arrive. I've been known to bring
the whole brood, plus the dog (a fat yellow lab), and bags for a several
day visit. Even with all that, I still have enough useful load to fill
the tanks, and in the Six, that is almost 6 hours worth of fuel.
Unfortunately, we'll most likely be going to visit my parents for
Father's day weekend, along with all my sibling's families, so the CPA
flyin isn't likely to be a destination this year, especially considering
my older boys have final exams the week before and the week after that
weekend.

Dang. And I thought *our* kids went to school late in the summer. Yours
are in class the third week of JUNE?

He must live in the Republic of NY.

Matt

Almost any state in the North East. I think it's weird that some places
start school BEFORE LABOR DAY!!! Of course if you don't start in August
you are there in June.

Margy (working year round now)
Old January 12th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Margy Natalie wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]

Not PA where I live. First week of June.

Matt
Old January 12th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Almost any state in the North East. I think it's weird that some places
start school BEFORE LABOR DAY!!! Of course if you don't start in August
you are there in June.

Yeah, our kids will start school in mid-August. But they'll be out by
June 2nd, if we don't get any snow days.
--
Jay Honeck
Owner/Innkeeper

Old January 12th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Good job Jay. You always seem to find the cool ways to get stuff done....

I get bored quickly, but when I'm motivated I stick with things till
they're done. It's amazing how much stuff can get done when you're
focused.

I think it's persistence, combined with ADHD.

;-)

--
Jay Honeck
Owner/Innkeeper

Time, running out of fuel and fuel gauges Dylan Smith Piloting 29 February 3rd 08 08:04 PM
Own your own fuel truck? Dan Piloting 9 July 22nd 06 04:22 AM
Exposed Electrical Wires in Boeing 737 Fuel Tanks! Larry Dighera Piloting 0 July 17th 06 06:13 PM
I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!! Eliot Coweye Home Built 237 February 13th 06 04:55 AM
Cessna 172 with Wild Fuel Gauge Needle jls Owning 26 February 20th 04 06:56 AM