What determines sale location? (sales/use taxes)

Old June 3rd 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

Default What determines sale location? (sales/use taxes)

"David Lesher" wrote in message

So, "where" does this airplane sale take place? Is it wherever the keys
get
handed to me? Is it DE, since that's where the owning entity exists? CT,
since that's where the plane's based? Whatever we write in a purchase
agreement?

Note the Big Boys take over ownership from Boeing well out over the
ocean, for this very reason. I read a WSJ article on same. Needless
to say, the aircraft is full of lawyers:

Wow, I'd never heard of that. My Google skills are apparently lacking--do
you have a link for that article, I'd be interested in reading it.

I'd never even considered an airborne sale. Not terribly practical in a
light single, but tantalizing nonetheless.... Thanks for the info!
--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight

Old June 3rd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

"Douglas Paterson" wrote in message

Wow, I'd never heard of that. My Google skills are apparently lacking--do
you have a link for that article, I'd be interested in reading it.

I may have hit "send" too quickly--search turned up this when I took _Wall
Street Journal_ out...:

http://mywebtimes.com/ottnews/archiv....php?id=292788

Very interesting.... If anyone has a link to an article that goes more
in-depth on Boeing (and the aircraft-specific angle), please post!

Old June 5th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
David Lesher

"Douglas Paterson" writes:

I'd never even considered an airborne sale. Not terribly practical in a
light single, but tantalizing nonetheless.... Thanks for the info!

They said that about the Mile High Club as well..

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old June 7th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tim Shoppa

On Jun 2, 10:27 pm, David Lesher wrote:
"Douglas Paterson" writes:
I'm sure the experienced buyers & sellers around here have run into this
before....
One prospective plane I'm looking at is for sale in Connecticut (currently
based there). The current ownership is in a Delaware LLC (of a sole
proprietor, who is flying/basing the plane out of CT). Connecticut has 6%
sales tax that apparently applies to even "casual and isolated sales" of
aircraft; Delaware has no sales tax. I'll leave it as an exercise for the
reader to decide which I find more appealing....
So, "where" does this airplane sale take place? Is it wherever the keys get
handed to me? Is it DE, since that's where the owning entity exists? CT,
since that's where the plane's based? Whatever we write in a purchase
agreement?

Note the Big Boys take over ownership from Boeing well out over the
ocean, for this very reason. I read a WSJ article on same.

When I lived in BC, I was told by a local that lots of Boeing planes
are delivered at Abbotsford, BC for the purpose of dodging US/
Washington state taxes.

Tim.

Old June 7th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
karl gruber[_1_]

Many Boeing airplanes are "delivered" on a flight over the international
waters of the Pacific Ocean.

"Curator" N185KG

ups.com...

Old June 7th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Al G[_2_]

Ok, so I live in Oregon, just a couple of miles from "international waters",
and in a state that has no use tax or sales tax. Can I accept "delivery" for
a nominal fee, and help a buyer avoid, not evade, taxes?

got my ducky suit, ready to be delivered...

Al G

"karl gruber" wrote in message
Many Boeing airplanes are "delivered" on a flight over the international
waters of the Pacific Ocean.

"Curator" N185KG

ups.com...

Tie-down and Taxes 309 Soaring 4 January 28th 07 09:46 PM
sales/property taxes John Doe Owning 14 October 21st 05 03:41 AM
For sale:1933 Avro 626 and 637 Aeroplane Sales Catalogues sam Military Aviation 0 July 9th 04 05:52 AM
For sale:1933 Avro 626 and 637 Aeroplane Sales Catalogues sam Restoration 0 July 9th 04 05:43 AM
What determines LNAV "circling mode"? Jack Soaring 11 November 20th 03 05:15 AM