Chihuahua health problems

Old December 22nd 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Chihuahua health problems

Bringing a little Chihuahua into your family represents a lot of
responsibility that you will have for the little dog. As a toy breed
they are prone to many Chihuahua health problems and as a responsible
owner it is up to you to familiarize yourself with potential symptoms
as much as you can. You will need to know what is standard behavior
for a Chihuahua and what classifies as a symptom to a Chihuahua health
problem if you are going to truly care for your new pet.

As with any other situation involving the health of your pet one of
the best places to get advice is your vet. Sit down with your vet and
ask them about standard Chihuahua behavior and then have them tell you
some of the tell tale signs that something may be wrong. You don't
need to be a vet but you should know what type of behavior indicates
an issue. Your breeder will also supply you with a lot of helpful
information that you should review and ask your breeder any questions
you may have.

Some Chihuahua health problems arise at birth and some develop over
time but you should always be watching for any symptoms your dog may
display. A common Chihuahua health problem is the inability of the
material on the leg and around the knee to hold the kneecap in place.
This causes the kneecap to float in and out of place and can become
extremely painful for your dog. If you notice a problem with your
dog's ability to walk get them to the vet right away.

A male Chihuahua will have its testicles drop from its abdomen almost
right at birth. If it does not happen at birth then it will most
certainly happen by the time they reach adulthood. If the testicles do
not drop this is the sign of a serious medical problem and needs
attention from your vet right away so this is something you should
monitor if you notice any abnormality early in your male dog's life.

Some Chihuahua health problems you can see coming and some you cannot.
Some health issues are difficult to see yet can be very dangerous if
they are left untreated. The brain in any animal constantly has fluid
going to and from it and in a Chihuahua that flow of fluid can
sometimes get blocked causing a swelling on the brain. This is an
extremely serious health issue and can sometimes be found by your vet
during a regular appointment. It is a good idea to monitor your
Chihuahua's health in between regularly scheduled appointments because
you never know what can happen.

Many toy breeds of dog can get crystal in their urine and this can
cause a blockage and major health issues. A Chihuahua shares this
potential condition with the other toy breeds but some health issues
are exclusive to the Chihuahua. You never know and that is why regular
vet appointments are so very important to the health of your dog.

http://xrl.us/doggy-nosecret
Old December 22nd 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Chihuahua health problems---this must be the wrong group

wrote

Bringing a little Chihuahua into your family represents a lot of
responsibility that you will have for the little dog.

I wonder if this was posted by mistake.

On the other hand, my usual reaction to a yapping Chihuahua is to try and
suppress the desire to send it flying *required aviation content* at the end
of my foot. ;-)

Not really, I always suppress the urge, and I love animals. I have to admit
that it is a desire, though.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 24th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote:

On the other hand, my usual reaction to a yapping Chihuahua is to try and
suppress the desire to send it flying *required aviation content* at the
end of my foot. ;-)

I've actually done that.

Back in my college days (a few years before the extinction of the
dinosaurs), I was paying my way thru college by driving a cab.

I went inside a residence to get the bags and was attacked by a furious
chihuahua which bit me right on the Achilles tendon. Without thinking, I
booted the yapping beast across the room, bouncing it off the wall.

It was a very satisfying experience, but it cost me the fare.

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4

Old December 24th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Dan Luke" wrote

I went inside a residence to get the bags and was attacked by a furious
chihuahua which bit me right on the Achilles tendon. Without thinking, I
booted the yapping beast across the room, bouncing it off the wall.

It was a very satisfying experience, but it cost me the fare.

Sometimes, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

My grandma had a couple yapping, mean Chihuahuas (she said they were always
nice to her) and my dad and I would sometimes go over to her house to do
some work that had us in and out of all parts of the house, so we had to go
through the area where she always locked them up.

We would torment them to no end, when they started to make a run at us. I'm
sure my dad would have sent one flying, if it ever dared to bite him!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 24th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beauciphus

"Morgans" wrote in message
We would torment them to no end, when they started to make a run at us.
I'm sure my dad would have sent one flying, if it ever dared to bite him!
--

When I was a teenager, there was a woman on the street who owned a poodle
that she never tied up. My friend would ride down the street on his

He never chased another bike.

Old December 24th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Beauciphus" wrote

One day my friend put his foot under Bingo and gave a quick jerk. Bingo
flew about twenty feet, skidding along the lawn.

He never chased another bike.

Reminds me of another "and he never chased another bike" story, but it was
a bit too hard to make this happen, in my opinion.

Right towards the bottom of a pretty big hill, there lived a medium to large
dog, that loved to chase bikes. Going down was not a big problem. You
hated the return trip, where you were going slow, though.

As was normal, I turned the corner, and started pumping like mad, to gain
maximum speed asap, before the pedaling would not keep up with the speed.
As usual, the dog came out to give chase, but seriously mis-estimated the
timing.

He ran out in front of me, and I hit him right in the ribs at about 40 MPH.

Dog went flying, and let out a gratifying yelp. I also went flying, and
made some other non gratifying sounds of combined 4 letter words, while
sliding along leaving various layers of skin and flesh on the blacktop.

The wheel was round enough to get home, but not by much. The dog never did
chase me again, though. So, was it worth it? I'll let you decide, because
I have still not. g
--
Jim in NC

Old December 26th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bear Bottoms[_4_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:18:03 -0500, Morgans wrote:

wrote

Bringing a little Chihuahua into your family represents a lot of
responsibility that you will have for the little dog.

I wonder if this was posted by mistake.

On the other hand, my usual reaction to a yapping Chihuahua is to try and
suppress the desire to send it flying *required aviation content* at the end
of my foot. ;-)

Not really, I always suppress the urge, and I love animals. I have to admit
that it is a desire, though.

I threw one out of my plane, it bit into a kilo of cocaine, little
*******.
--
Bear Bottoms
Private Attorney General