please stop bashing France

Old October 15th 03, 01:45 PM
tscottme

lekomin inc wrote in message
Stop calling "europeans" anybody living in Europe and not being

british. I'm
Polish as a matter of fact and I hate using "Europe" and "France and
Germany" as synonyms. Actually if you take the number of countries for

and
against Iraqi Freedom both the current 15 EU and the post-2004

enlargement
EU was FOR the US. The French the Germans and the Belgians are a funny

bunch
of people that can make good food (except for the Germans of course..)

but
they still live the lives of forgone colonial powers.
take care
lekomin inc

Please excuse the inclusion of Poland in "Europe" as it's commonly used
in these heated discussions. I and others know that Poland and other
countries in Europe are level-headed. It seems that the countries that
have more recent experience with the harsh realities have an adult
appreciation for the dangers in the world. As one American my working
definition of "Europe" when it's being criticized in this discussion is
France and Germany and such. Most of us would write "the weasel nations
in Europe that have little to contribute but hot air, and spend half
their time on vacation or on strike" except it's too much to type.

Poland should be proud of their special forces and their assuming the
responsibility in these issues.

I'm grateful to Poland, UK, Norway, Australia, and the majority of NATO
countries that did contribute to the effort. I'm not the only American
that is grateful for those that will act like allies.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 15th 03, 01:52 PM
tscottme

Pierre-Henri Baras wrote in message

Welcome to the real world!!
In the next lesson you'll learn that the methods you just described

are
exactly the ones used:
a. by EVERY country in the world
b. especially by the US. How do you think the US made it to it's

current
position after WWII??

Pierre-Henri
P.S. Do you have any idea how egocentric your post was? Do you really

think
the French treat only americans that way, or that only the French

treat
amercicans that way? Pleeeeeeeeeease.

Well to listen to the French and the UN worshippers, only the US is
motivated by national interest. Everyone else is pursuing the
collective good of all humanity when they violate sanctions, veto
resolutions, and march in the street.

Ah don't take the French hostility and back stabbing personally, they
are worthless allies to everyone, except the Germans.

Americans are constantly accused of arrogance for pushing our point of
view, when the real charge should be that we won't accept the French or
European view as our view. If that's not European arrogance, it's close
enough.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 15th 03, 01:56 PM
tscottme

Garrison Hilliard wrote in message

The French are even hated by themselves!

http://tinyurl.com/qm7a

Then they aren't as stupid as I had imagined. I'm sure their
self-hatred will soon be blamed on the US and McDonald's.

300 dead US soldiers to capture Iraq, 15,000 French deaths due to hot
weather, G-d help us if a soccer riot breaks out in France, there could
be millions of dead.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 15th 03, 02:02 PM
Gunnar

"tscottme" skrev i melding
Jordan wrote in message
Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA. You think you can take on the world? I can't wait for the day
when americans realise they are no longer the major world power.

Don't you think enough people hate americans already? Why do you keep
acting to reinforce their perceptions?

Funny they hate America but fall all over themselves to ingratiate
themselves with the Russians, the Arabs, and all the other full-time
ogres. I think that says more about the rationality of the Europeans
than the faults of the US. Besides, being powerful means you don't need
everyone to like you, fear is enough. You don't see much European anger
about slavery in the Arab world, or harsh treatment of Christians in
China or the Middle East. But one cop killer gets sentenced to death
and the Euro trash has a seizure.

Could it be that we'l like for you to be of a higher standard than the
rest... ?

The only moral justification for us ( that is the vestern world ) being
"better" than the rest is that we are in fact BETTER than the rest of the
world !
And better means higher standards in treatment, letter of the law etc.

Old October 15th 03, 02:11 PM
John S. Shinal

"lekomin inc" wrote:

Stop calling "europeans" anybody living in Europe and not being british. I'm
Polish as a matter of fact and I hate using "Europe" and "France and
Germany" as synonyms. Actually if you take the number of countries for and
against Iraqi Freedom both the current 15 EU and the post-2004 enlargement
EU was FOR the US.

There has been mention a number of times in various US press
about the Poles, the Dutch, Slovakia, and others who have quietly and
quickly given support. A lot of the mainstream press coverage in the
US has a narrow focus, but pan-European help has been noted by some.

Old October 15th 03, 02:16 PM
IO

You are Polish? And are you proud of being Polish? Italian roads are full of
Polish whores... The only good things that poland produces without the help
of the germans...

Old October 15th 03, 02:19 PM
IO

Please excuse the inclusion of Poland in "Europe" as it's commonly
used in these heated discussions.

I agree Poland is not Europe... Poland is Third World... Iran and poland
have similar pils remember it...

I and others know that Poland and
other countries in Europe are level-headed. It seems that the
countries that have more recent experience with the harsh realities
have an adult appreciation for the dangers in the world. As one
American my working definition of "Europe" when it's being criticized
in this discussion is France and Germany and such. Most of us would
write "the weasel nations in Europe that have little to contribute
but hot air, and spend half their time on vacation or on strike"
except it's too much to type.

Poland should be proud of their special forces and their assuming the
responsibility in these issues.

Poland proud of . Polish armed forces are below the russia's one

Old October 15th 03, 03:39 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
Jordan wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:24:59 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA.

Yeah, that making fun of other countries is so bad for their self-image.
They could get a complex or something.

You think it's a joke, how easily you forget the events of 9/11.

So you're comparing our making fun of other nations with the killing of
thousands of our people?

You're a sad sick little person.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 03:41 PM
Chad Irby

"Pierre-Henri Baras" wrote:

Example please?? Apart from right and left wing extremist tablids, you'll
find NO front page as outragous as some US papers were during the
french-bashing period.

Do you even *read* your own papers?

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 03:51 PM
Stephen Harding

Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA. You think you can take on the world? I can't wait for the day
when americans realise they are no longer the major world power.

Yep! It'll be a great day for you when China is Number One, huh?

SMH