F15E's trounced by Eurofighters

Old April 9th 04, 11:53 PM
Guy Alcala

Evan Brennan wrote:

[remaining drivel snipped]

By now, everyone who reads your posts must realize that it bothers you
to no end that your beloved Harrier shot down just two missile-armed
jets during the Falklands War...that their opponents had no reserve
fuel to dogfight even if they had carried missiles...that British
attempts to neutralize the airstrip at Port Stanley were, and still
are, worthy of criticism from their opponents and everyone else. Your
attempt to dismiss the substantial overclaiming of Argentine aircraft
by the British was also yawn-inducing, but not surprising.

Apparently all of this is a bitter pill for you to swallow, because
you make continous efforts to distract our attention from it with
longwinded posts of "technical minutiae", interspersed with petty
attempts to dicredit Ruben Moro, whilst propping up your hero -- the
self-righteous windbag Sharkey Ward -- who is arguably less honest
than Moro.

Basically, you are an expert at talking a lot but saying nothing.
Evidently, you have a tremendous surplus of free time not available to
the rest of us.

Oh, dear, Evan. I seem to have hit a nerve.

Guy

Old April 10th 04, 10:00 AM
Presidente Alcazar

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:53:55 GMT, Guy Alcala
wrote:

Oh, dear, Evan. I seem to have hit a nerve.

Don't stop now - I'm waiting for Evan to conclude that the Argentines
really did sink Invincible. He provides hours of hysterical
entertainment at minimal cost. All you have to do is provide the
right Pavlovian trigger and he goes off like an Energiser bunny. I
suspect a bitter experience at the hands of a lover dumping him for a
Brit at some point in his early life.

Gavin Bailey
--

Now see message: "Boot sector corrupt. System halted. All data lost."
Spend thousands of dollar on top grade windows system. Result better
Old April 10th 04, 11:19 AM
Drewe Manton

Presidente Alcazar wrote in
:

Don't stop now - I'm waiting for Evan to conclude that the Argentines
really did sink Invincible. He provides hours of hysterical
entertainment at minimal cost.

You aren't kidding! I've actually taken him out of my killfile just so I
can get both sides as Mr Alcala takes him apart bit by bit by bit with
the technical minutae Brennan appears to think so important right up to
the point where it destroys his argument (basically every time). I
actually had to check my history books at one point after reading a
Brennan post just to check that Britain did actually win that war! Still,
this thread appears to be dying now, so I suppose it'll be back into the
killfile with him shortly. . .

--
Regards
Drewe
Old April 11th 04, 03:33 AM
Guy alcala

wrote:

Oh, dear, Evan. I seem to have hit a nerve.

Don't stop now - I'm waiting for Evan to conclude that the Argentines
really did sink Invincible. He provides hours of hysterical
entertainment at minimal cost. All you have to do is provide the
right Pavlovian trigger and he goes off like an Energiser bunny. I
suspect a bitter experience at the hands of a lover dumping him for a
Brit at some point in his early life.

Much as I've enjoyed giving Evan the public spanking he apparently
thrives on, I think I'll give it a rest. My hand is getting tired,
and besides, there's so little challenge involved. It's rather too
much like shotgunning rabbits while they're staked out spread-eagle on
the ground - it's just too easy for anyone not an entrant in the
"Upper Class Twit of the Year" competition.

But I'm sure that, in another thread or another forum, others will be
willing to take up the gauntlet, and oblige Evan with the public
humiliation he craves. Judging by his last post here he's reached
levels of evasion, mendacity and belief that (all evidence to the
contrary notwithstanding) the truth is whatever he says it is. This
leads me to suspect that he has a new role model. If so, I must
congratulate him for his success in emulating John Tarver, a
(fortunately) rare achievement.

Guy