Canopy cleaners

Old August 19th 15, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Canopy cleaners

After running out of my favorite "Brillianize" (more on order) tried a handful of things that were on hand or otherwise locally available.
Had heard "Plexus" was highly thought of, but it left streaks.
None of the aerosol cleaners seemed very useful in the wind.
Meguiars "Mirror Glaze 18" worked well.
Any experience with "Novus 1"? Used their 2 and 3 for scratch removal.
Jim
Old August 19th 15, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was looking into the same thing today. I don't have any advice as I have not used any of the products, just read about a few. I was going to order the maintenance kit from Micro-Surface? They do have a few cleaners and quite a bit of info on their web site.

http://micro-surface.com/
Old August 19th 15, 08:08 PM
OregonGliderPilot OregonGliderPilot is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS View Post
I use this, http://plane-perfect.myshopify.com/c...l/products/eob as a basic canopy cleaner. Doesn't seem to smear or leave marks on the surrounding frame or instrument panel cover. Very satisfied so far, great for fingerprints and bugs, especially now they have dropped the price.
Old August 19th 15, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I personally use LP Aeroplastic. I only use it three or four times a seasona as it seals very well. In between I just use clean water and the inside of my clean cotton t- shirt before flights
Old August 19th 15, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Novus #1 is great! I use it on aircraft, and motorcycle helmet visors, windshields etc.

It is VERY similar to Brillianize.

If you like Brillianize, you'll like Novus #1.

Novus products are available at most (all) Harley Davidson dealers...so you can just drop in and buy it...no need to pay shipping or wait for it to arrive.

Cookie

Old August 19th 15, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 1:19:16 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:
After running out of my favorite "Brillianize" (more on order) tried a handful of things that were on hand or otherwise locally available.
Had heard "Plexus" was highly thought of, but it left streaks.
None of the aerosol cleaners seemed very useful in the wind.
Meguiars "Mirror Glaze 18" worked well.
Any experience with "Novus 1"? Used their 2 and 3 for scratch removal.
Jim

I've been using Plexus for the last 15 years on every canopy I look through (my LS6, club gliders, towplanes) and it works great. No streaks, anti-static, takes off bugs, etc. Use a clean cotton t-shirt or clean microfiber cloth (if bugs are present).

Between applications, clean water will work too - key is to use a clean cotton t-shirt to wipe off the water, and fingers (gently!) to get rid of bugs, etc.

Environments include dusty desert and humid mid-west, summer and winter.

Expensive, but you get what you pay for if you use it correctly.

Kirk
66

Old August 19th 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Another vote for Plexus. Fills in and index matches hairline scratches when you apply it. Canopy always looks "better than it really is" after application. Never streaks if you use clean cotton or microfibre cloth. I would always recommend gently dusting the plex with a DRY cloth first to eliminate any abrasive dust prior to application of cleaner...

Matt H
Old August 19th 15, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I use and sell the Novus brand products. I'm very happy with them and
haven't had any complaints from customers.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/novus.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_________________________________

Old August 19th 15, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

PRIST® ACRYLIC, PLASTIC AND GLASS CLEANER. I have used this for years and it is the best Plexus does leave a film which attracts dust.
Old August 20th 15, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 11:19:16 AM UTC-7, JS wrote:
After running out of my favorite "Brillianize" (more on order) tried a handful of things that were on hand or otherwise locally available.
Had heard "Plexus" was highly thought of, but it left streaks.
None of the aerosol cleaners seemed very useful in the wind.
Meguiars "Mirror Glaze 18" worked well.
Any experience with "Novus 1"? Used their 2 and 3 for scratch removal.
Jim

H2O works pretty good out a spray bottle.....