Trailer drawer....IMI vs Cobra...any thoughts?

Old October 7th 19, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Keith Schwab[_2_]

Default Trailer drawer....IMI vs Cobra...any thoughts?

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for a pretty boring question, but I am going to install an under trailer drawer and I see that there are two products available: IMI and Cobra. I was curious if there is any experience which one is better/worse, both equal? ect.
Thanks for your help,
Keith
Old October 7th 19, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 6:12:39 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for a pretty boring question, but I am going to install an under trailer drawer and I see that there are two products available: IMI and Cobra. I was curious if there is any experience which one is better/worse, both equal? ect.
Thanks for your help,
Keith

I've fitted both to Cobra trailers.
Go with the IMI.
Jim
Old October 7th 19, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

I have seen Cobra boxes for sale in the US but not IMI. Anyone know of a US source? Cost?

Has anyone made their own box from scratch? Plans?

Thanks, John
Old October 7th 19, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 3:07:54 AM UTC+1, JS wrote:
On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 6:12:39 PM UTC-7, Keith Schwab wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for a pretty boring question, but I am going to install an under trailer drawer and I see that there are two products available: IMI and Cobra. I was curious if there is any experience which one is better/worse, both equal? ect.
Thanks for your help,
Keith

I've fitted both to Cobra trailers.
Go with the IMI.
Jim

I have had a Cobra trailer with their drawer and I am currently waiting for a new Cobra without a drawer with a view to fitting the IMI one later. There wasn't much wrong with the Cobra drawer but I sometimes clipped the rear end of it going across obstacles and the IMI one has an angled rear which will give a bit more clearance.

Old October 7th 19, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John, Wings and Wheels is the US distributor for IMI and carrys the drawer you seek. IMHO less ground clearance on a trailer that WILL be going off road is the last thing I want though.

DT