A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Home Built
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

High Price of Flying Wires?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old October 1st 03, 01:05 AM
Rich S.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Morgans" wrote in message
...

Yes, but cutting wood smells better than cutting aluminum or

fiberglass.g
--
Jim in NC


Oh, but Jim - there are few things that are more pleasingly fragrant than a
port-o-let at Oshkosh in the morning.

Rich S.


Ads
  #22  
Old October 1st 03, 01:42 AM
Morgans
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Rich S." wrote
Yes, but cutting wood smells better than cutting aluminum or

fiberglass.g
--
Jim in NC


Oh, but Jim - there are few things that are more pleasingly fragrant than

a
port-o-let at Oshkosh in the morning.

Rich S.


Uhhhh, yea?! (puzzlement)

Especially when you get the wonderful, relaxing, melodic, sounds of the
early morning entertainment coming over the P.A. mixing with the smell!
--
Jim in NC


  #23  
Old October 1st 03, 02:33 AM
Rich S.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Morgans" wrote in message
...

"Rich S." wrote
Oh, but Jim - there are few things that are more pleasingly fragrant

than
a
port-o-let at Oshkosh in the morning.

Rich S.


Uhhhh, yea?! (puzzlement)

Especially when you get the wonderful, relaxing, melodic, sounds of the
early morning entertainment coming over the P.A. mixing with the smell!


(Taking the cigar out of his mouth, sez)
God help me, I love it!

Rich "Patton is one of my heroes" S.


  #24  
Old October 1st 03, 02:37 AM
Kelvin & Janice Rempel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just in case no one has mentioned it yet. Roger Rourke in California makes
up his own Round flying wires for homebuilts. His number is 661-766-2753.
His prices are probably half of what you would pay for the streamline wires.

K. Rempel

"Larry Smith" wrote in message
...

"PWK" wrote in message
news
Wondering why the price of a set of Flying wires for most HB Bi Planes

cost
3k or more? Not trying to argue, just wondering what drives the high

cost.

Thanks- J. Wolfer


monopoly




  #25  
Old October 1st 03, 11:58 PM
Model Flyer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...
On 29 Sep 2003 03:10 AM, Model Flyer posted the following:


as the download would still take just as long, read it quick

enough
and you just sit waiting for that extra hour or two.


Two words: cable modem.


Not cost effective here in Ireland, still stuck with dial-up
ISDN.:-( so haveto wait for long messages to download.
--

..
--
Cheers,
Jonathan Lowe
whatever at antispam dot net
No email address given because of spam.
Antispam trap in place


----------------------------------------------------
Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/



  #26  
Old October 3rd 03, 02:14 AM
Phil Sisson, Litchfield Aerobatic Club
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Kelvin & Janice Rempel wrote:

Just in case no one has mentioned it yet. Roger Rourke in California makes
up his own Round flying wires for homebuilts. His number is 661-766-2753.
His prices are probably half of what you would pay for the streamline wires.

K. Rempel


Or you could make your own...

Phil


  #27  
Old October 30th 03, 04:09 PM
Bruce A. Frank
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No, low volume.

Larry Smith wrote:

"PWK" wrote in message
news
Wondering why the price of a set of Flying wires for most HB Bi Planes

cost
3k or more? Not trying to argue, just wondering what drives the high cost.

Thanks- J. Wolfer


monopoly


--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"
| Publishing interesting material|
| on all aspects of alternative |
| engines and homebuilt aircraft.|
  #28  
Old October 31st 03, 08:37 PM
Jerry Wass
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If you're the only show in town, you charge all the traffic will bear, or send 'em
to
merry old Scotland---'course $3K will buy a lot of haggus.

"Bruce A. Frank" wrote:

No, low volume.

Larry Smith wrote:

"PWK" wrote in message
news
Wondering why the price of a set of Flying wires for most HB Bi Planes

cost
3k or more? Not trying to argue, just wondering what drives the high cost.

Thanks- J. Wolfer


monopoly


--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"
| Publishing interesting material|
| on all aspects of alternative |
| engines and homebuilt aircraft.|


  #29  
Old November 1st 03, 01:21 PM
Stealth Pilot
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:37:11 -0600, Jerry Wass
wrote:

you know I've been amused by the header of this thread for some time.
when you consider the absolutely critical nature of the things I'm
damned if I'd be buying the cheaper ones if they were available.

they are the most non redundant parts of an aircraft that uses them.
buy the best, you are seldom around for a warranty claim.

Stealth Pilot
  #30  
Old November 1st 03, 03:45 PM
Larry Smith
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:37:11 -0600, Jerry Wass
wrote:

you know I've been amused by the header of this thread for some time.
when you consider the absolutely critical nature of the things I'm
damned if I'd be buying the cheaper ones if they were available.

they are the most non redundant parts of an aircraft that uses them.
buy the best, you are seldom around for a warranty claim.

Stealth Pilot


Good is of one, better of two, best of three or more. All you can get are
good. Monopoly and all like that. Brunton bought out its competitor.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 December 1st 03 06:27 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 November 1st 03 06:27 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 September 1st 03 07:27 AM
Drag - Anti/Drag Wires log Home Built 3 August 28th 03 07:06 AM
High performance homebuilt in the UK NigelPocock Home Built 0 August 18th 03 08:35 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.