Ebay glider -- Chuck Yeager

Old January 23rd 05, 03:00 PM
Wayne Paul

Default Ebay glider -- Chuck Yeager

The following was posted on rec.aviation.soaring:

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

"Thomas Knauff" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a container coming to the USA that this glider would fit into.

Tom Knauff

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
There is an ad on Ebay 1955 sailplane reported to have been flown by

Chuck
Yeager. See:

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old January 23rd 05, 04:39 PM
RST Engineering

I spent some time on the landings.com search engine last night looking to
see if Gen. Yeager had a glider rating on his ticket and I couldn't turn him
up anywhere. Will somebody with a better flair for searching than I see if
they can turn up Yeager's certificate ratings?

Jim

Old January 23rd 05, 05:05 PM
Wayne Paul

I am not sure about the Air Force test pilot school; however, in the 1960s
glider training was part Navy's TPS syllabus. It became part of their
military training and as such would not appear in the FAA database.

Wayne
USN (Ret)

Old January 23rd 05, 05:23 PM
Blueskies

CHARLES ELWOOD YEAGER
Address

Address is not available

Medical

Medical Class : Second Medical Date: 04/2004

a.. NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER.

Certificates

1 of 1

DOI : 07/30/2003
Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT

Rating(s):

COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE SEA
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE SEA
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings

C/L-18

Limits

AUTHORIZED EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT: AV-L39 N-F86 N-P51 T-33.

Old January 23rd 05, 06:49 PM
Henning DE

Hello Jim !

The sailplane was flown by him in 1955 while he had a command in Germany.
I am shure nobody in Germany cared much at that time about Chuck Yeager
having a glider rating or not.
I have no logbook with a "Yeager" entry for this plane, but old clubmembers
assured me that he did fly the aircraft.
At that time it was the only aircraft the club possesed and logbooks were
sometims not kept these days.

HenningDE

Old January 23rd 05, 07:35 PM
Wayne Paul

It appears that glider training is still part of the Naval Test Pilot
program. See the X-26A:
http://www.usntps.navy.mil/fixed_wing.htm
http://users.dbscorp.net/jmustain/x26.htm

As you can see in the link below, glider train is also part of the US Air
Force Flight Test University program:
http://www.edwards.af.mil/afftcunive...PSCourses.html

As mentioned before, successful completion of either of these programs does
not directly translate to a civilian FAA glider rating.

Wayne

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
I am not sure about the Air Force test pilot school; however, in the 1960s
glider training was part Navy's TPS syllabus. It became part of their
military training and as such would not appear in the FAA database.

Wayne
USN (Ret)
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
I spent some time on the landings.com search engine last night looking

see if Gen. Yeager had a glider rating on his ticket and I couldn't turn

him
up anywhere. Will somebody with a better flair for searching than I see

if
they can turn up Yeager's certificate ratings?

Jim

Vision Plans for Sale on Ebay Mike C Home Built 1 October 30th 04 06:58 AM
Gyrocopters on Ebay Red Home Built 1 September 8th 04 02:18 PM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Home Built 0 January 26th 04 08:48 AM
FS on EBAY, circuit breaker switches flyer Home Built 0 December 3rd 03 07:59 PM