Incoming Posting : Grumman Widgeon/Gosling

Old November 22nd 09, 10:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shaun Howell

Default Incoming Posting : Grumman Widgeon/Gosling

Okay, I have about 120 pictures of the Gosling/Widgeon/Super Widgeon
that I'll be posting later. I'll break it up into 3 postings of 40 pics
or so each.

For those of having trouble with yenc posts, I can recommend two
EXCELLENT freeware Newsreaders. For Mac OS users, try MT Newswatcher
3.4, and for Windows users there is Grabit. Post handle yenc without a
hitch.

Old November 23rd 09, 04:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

In article m,
Shaun Howell wrote:

Okay, I have about 120 pictures of the Gosling/Widgeon/Super Widgeon
that I'll be posting later. I'll break it up into 3 postings of 40 pics
or so each.

For those of having trouble with yenc posts, I can recommend two
EXCELLENT freeware Newsreaders. For Mac OS users, try MT Newswatcher
3.4, and for Windows users there is Grabit. Post handle yenc without a
hitch.

Shaun,

I use MT Newswatcher on my Mac and normally it displays yenc posts
without any problem. But for some reason none of your Cessna 337 photos
displayed correctly. I have no idea why.

JM
Old November 23rd 09, 04:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shaun Howell

On 2009-11-23 10:46:46 -0600, John Meyer said:

In article m,
Shaun Howell wrote:

Okay, I have about 120 pictures of the Gosling/Widgeon/Super Widgeon
that I'll be posting later. I'll break it up into 3 postings of 40 pics
or so each.

For those of having trouble with yenc posts, I can recommend two
EXCELLENT freeware Newsreaders. For Mac OS users, try MT Newswatcher
3.4, and for Windows users there is Grabit. Post handle yenc without a
hitch.

Shaun,

I use MT Newswatcher on my Mac and normally it displays yenc posts
without any problem. But for some reason none of your Cessna 337 photos
displayed correctly. I have no idea why.

JM

Curious. I posted these with Unison. Let me check on this. Thanks!

Old November 23rd 09, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
John Meyer wrote:

In article m,
Shaun Howell wrote:

Okay, I have about 120 pictures of the Gosling/Widgeon/Super Widgeon
that I'll be posting later. I'll break it up into 3 postings of 40 pics
or so each.

For those of having trouble with yenc posts, I can recommend two
EXCELLENT freeware Newsreaders. For Mac OS users, try MT Newswatcher
3.4, and for Windows users there is Grabit. Post handle yenc without a
hitch.

Shaun,

I use MT Newswatcher on my Mac and normally it displays yenc posts
without any problem. But for some reason none of your Cessna 337 photos
displayed correctly. I have no idea why.

JM

I do the same thing and can second the remarks -- ditto on the Grummans!

Old November 24th 09, 07:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_7_]

Well, since you post in yEnc, most of us won't see them anyway.

--
Jim Morris

g.com...

Old November 29th 09, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom_Horn

speak for yourself. not all of us still live in the dark ages, some
are forward thinking & open to new technologies

TH

Old November 29th 09, 01:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Tom_Horn" wrote in message
speak for yourself. not all of us still live in the dark ages, some
are forward thinking & open to new technologies

Let us know when one a new format comes along that is enough of an
improvement to make a switch worthwhile. yEnc isn't one of them that is
worthwhile.

Don't switch just to switch, when what is the recognized format still works
fine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll bet you switched to Vista when it first came out, too.

I doubt anyone will change your mind. I know you won't change my mind, or
many others, so don't speak for us, either.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 1st 09, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rusty[_2_]

I tried to decode some pictures but it's just too damned frustrating so why
encode????????????? hell don't you want folks to see your pictures????

Old December 2nd 09, 03:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Tom_Horn" wrote in message
speak for yourself. not all of us still live in the dark ages, some
are forward thinking & open to new technologies

Let us know when one a new format comes along that is enough of an
improvement to make a switch worthwhile. yEnc isn't one of them that is
worthwhile.

Don't switch just to switch, when what is the recognized format still
works fine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll bet you switched to Vista when it first came out, too.

I doubt anyone will change your mind. I know you won't change my mind,
or many others, so don't speak for us, either.
--
Jim in NC

I don't see the problem, click on the post look at picture what could be
simpler than that.

Or is this a case of Microshaft lookout does not support it so don't use it

Unless it had escaped your notice there are other operating systems and even
microshaft compatible newsreaders that can decode yenc.

One of the main reasons isp's on this side of the pond are getting out of
news is the disk space and bandwidth required to carry binary groups

So for me anyway yenc is fine saves a bit of bandwidth anyway which helps

Widgeon Glen in Orlando Aviation Photos 0 October 9th 09 07:00 PM
Widgeon acroman Aviation Photos 0 August 19th 07 04:14 PM
Paintjobs, pt 3 - Grumman G-44 Widgeon.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 February 12th 07 01:15 PM