We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Old March 15th 17, 11:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Just amazing how those PW-5's were produced at affordable prices!!!

Wow!!!!

It's just a miracle isn't it?

Old March 15th 17, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 3:31:55 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Just amazing how those PW-5's were produced at affordable prices!!!

Wow!!!!

It's just a miracle isn't it?

"Wilbur":
Didn't that turn into a bit of a failure?
Believe the target price for the World Class glider was supposed to be $10,000.
Old March 15th 17, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 10:30:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
What we need is a passionate engineer fresh out of college who can design this. Then take deposits of $5,000 into escrow to help fund the construction.

All you have to do is start with 1.

Go ahead, flame away you naysayers!!!

Why don't you do it? You seem to have a rather intense belief that it's possible and worthwhile so why not take all your liquid assets, borrow money, find an engineer and get a design worked up. The publicize the company, get some VC funding, get a facility to build it in, start raking in the deposits, get the prototype built, test fly, work out the bugs, get EASA (or equivalent) certification for the design and the manufacturing facility, train some production workers and start making gliders.

You've got the idea, you believe it will be profitable so get off your ass and and do it. What's stopping you?
Old March 15th 17, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It would be really nice if the leadership came together and paired up resources to make something like this happen. We've seen American's do much greater things than anywhere on earth. We've sent men to the moon, we invented rock n roll, we connected hands across america, we are the innovators in so much stuff. But why can't we build a airplane (without an engine, or avionics) for less than $100,000?? You an buy a brand new Mustang for $25,000 and it is way more of a complex machine. Sure they've had assembly lines, but with creative minds, we could make something happen.

Paul Remde was funded through our membership to stay in business. This can happen with a drive from our membership to fund a revolutionary glider that is affordable.

That extreme price tag of gliders is something that kills the sport, and therefor needs to be addressed.

The SSA leadership needs to step up and start pairing together resources to help new gliders being built at reasonable prices. We have members who own warehouses that aren't even being used. There are mega wealthy members among us, that would donate space in a warehouse or other resources, at no cost, out of the love for this sport. We have engineers who would help mentor a project. We have it all, just need a leadership to lead a revolution.

All it takes is the desire! I'm making statements in hopes that someone out there is listening. I'm using this forum to help state the things that nobody will talk about face to face with our SSA leadership.

Old March 16th 17, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 10:43:09 PM UTC+3, gotovkotzepkoi wrote:
This glider already exists; here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru0deQRIS8c

High-deflection flaps, 14m wingspan, 20:1 L/D, 0.6 m/s sink. It could well be faster x-country than a 1-26. Not going to match a PW5 though.

Stuff weight shift control for a joke though.
Old March 16th 17, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Sean and Wilbur arguing is priceless... :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FR_76LZVNw

9B

On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 6:38:10 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Where do I send in my deposit?

I'm sorry, but your statements are ridiculous. Please, go ahead, knock yourself out and prove this model.

If you actually believe that your new business idea...

Let's call it "Magical Flying Unicorn Sailplanes" by Wilber" shall we?

Old March 16th 17, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TND

"Great idea! As a new pilot I'd be first in line. This should be built somewhere where labor is cheap, like Mexico, under expert supervision."

You'll have to fly them in over the wall...

--

------------------------------
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
Old March 16th 17, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 5:55:30 PM UTC-7, tnd wrote:
"Great idea! As a new pilot I'd be first in line. This should be built somewhere where labor is cheap, like Mexico, under expert supervision."

You'll have to fly them in over the wall...

--

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of their
organisation.

hahahahahaaaaaaa!
Jim (a real person, not "f*cking wilbur")