This is what the D-Day was for...

Old May 31st 04, 09:39 PM
HECTOP

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
I'll have to do some checking. Would this be the first time the French
have managed to shoot down any plane, anywhere? :-)

The French Government announced today that in light of the Madrid bombing,
France has raised its terror alert level from "run" to "hide." The only two
higher levels in France are "surrender" and "collaborate."

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA

Old May 31st 04, 09:53 PM
C J Campbell

"HECTOP" wrote in message
. ..
I know this is gonna start a riot, but...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dday31.html

France pledges to shoot down private pilots in D-Day air space
May 31, 2004

Well, they will have to do a lot better than the Allies did on the original
D-Day. :-)

Two German planes managed to strafe the whole beach and get away unscathed,
despite what was probably the most massive air cover in the history of
warfare.

Old May 31st 04, 10:02 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: This is what the D-Day was for...
From: "C J Campbell"
Date: 5/31/04 1:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time

"HECTOP" wrote in message
I know this is gonna start a riot, but...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dday31.html

France pledges to shoot down private pilots in D-Day air space
May 31, 2004

Well, they will have to do a lot better than the Allies did on the original
D-Day. :-)

Two German planes managed to strafe the whole beach and get away unscathed,
despite what was probably the most massive air cover in the history of
warfare.

That's their story. How come nobody noticed?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old May 31st 04, 11:03 PM
Skysurfer

HECTOP wrote :

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
I'll have to do some checking. Would this be the first time the
French have managed to shoot down any plane, anywhere? :-)

The French Government announced today that in light of the Madrid
bombing, France has raised its terror alert level from "run" to
"hide." The only two higher levels in France are "surrender" and
"collaborate."

One (between others) thing France has managed to do :
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html

--
"The French Were Right" (The National Journal)
http://nationaljournal.com/about/njw...03/1107nj1.htm
Old May 31st 04, 11:36 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , ArtKramr
writes
From: "C J Campbell"
Date: 5/31/04 1:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time

"HECTOP" wrote in message
t...
I know this is gonna start a riot, but...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dday31.html

France pledges to shoot down private pilots in D-Day air space
May 31, 2004

Well, they will have to do a lot better than the Allies did on the original
D-Day. :-)

Two German planes managed to strafe the whole beach and get away unscathed,
despite what was probably the most massive air cover in the history of
warfare.

That's their story. How come nobody noticed?

Well, it was in the film so it must be true.

Mike

M.J.Powell
Old May 31st 04, 11:40 PM
HECTOP

"Skysurfer" wrote in message
One (between others) thing France has managed to do :
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html

France has done a lot of things throughout the history, including supporting
this nation through the Revolutionary War (for their own reasons of course),
but that does mean we can't but their chops every now and then ;-)

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old June 1st 04, 12:24 AM
Dave Stadt

Will the French surrender to the GA pilot before or after they botch their
attempt at launching a missile?

"HECTOP" wrote in message
. ..
I know this is gonna start a riot, but...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dday31.html

France pledges to shoot down private pilots in D-Day air space
May 31, 2004
BY BEN FENTON [Ad]

ARROMANCHES, France -- Private pilots who stray into Normandy air space
during the 60th anniversary of D-Day next weekend will be shot down,

French
officials said Sunday.
With at least 16 heads of state, including President Bush, attending the
ceremonies, organizers are guarding particularly against an al-Qaida

attack
from the air.
It is one of the biggest security exercises in Europe since the war.
An enormous network of radar equipment has been stretched between

Deauville
and Cherbourg, with early warning aircraft already in the skies.
The aircraft will be joined this week by small, remote-controlled drones.
Advanced Crotale anti-aircraft missiles have been primed, and two

squadrons
of Mirage 2000 fighters are stationed nearby.
The French ministry of defense has spared no expense. It has established a
temporary air base at Carpiquet, outside the city of Caen, as the hub of

its
defenses.
There, more than 800 soldiers will maintain round-the-clock surveillance,
backed by more than 50 military helicopters.
A spokesman for the 120-acre camp said: "The dangers are multiple, from a
hijacked airliner being crashed into the stands at the main international
ceremony at Arromanches to a tiny bomb being detonated remotely.
"But we are stretching an impenetrable fabric of protection above

Normandy."
At sea, fishermen and pleasure craft have been banned from the Seine Bay
that stretches along the beaches code named Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and
Sword on June 6, 1944.
A French carrier, Charles de Gaulle, and an American carrier, George
Washington, will be patrolling the bay, which will also be swept for

mines.
On land, more than 9,000 French troops are arriving this week,

supplementing
the 6,300 gendarmes and 2,300 police officers already on duty.
Arromanches' 534 residents have been told that they must either stay

indoors
throughout next Sunday or leave the area.

Daily Telegraph

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old June 1st 04, 12:31 AM
Bob Fry

Skysurfer writes:

One (between others) thing France has managed to do :
http://www.specialoperations.com/Cou...rism/gign.html

And another thing the French managed to do recently is avoid helping
to create another terrorist state in the Middle East.
Old June 1st 04, 01:39 AM
Judah

It's sad that we need more military power to protect our historic sites from
the terrorists than what it took to secure them in the first place...

"HECTOP" wrote in
:

Old June 1st 04, 01:42 AM
Greasy Rider @ invalid.com

On Mon, 31 May 2004 15:18:41 -0400, "HECTOP"
etched the phosphur particles on my screen with the following:

I know this is gonna start a riot, but...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dday31.html

France pledges to shoot down private pilots in D-Day air space
May 31, 2004
BY BEN FENTON [Ad]

ARROMANCHES, France -- Private pilots who stray into Normandy air space
during the 60th anniversary of D-Day next weekend will be shot down, French
officials said Sunday.

Finally, something the French can handle....unarmed private pilots.