The good old/bad old days in R.A.P.

Old April 3rd 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default The good old/bad old days in R.A.P.

New visitors, or older group members, might enjoy clicking on

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...piloting/about

and then click on a month in 2006 or 2007, to look back on a time when
this group actually had some aviation content. Such content still
exists on the 'net, just not here. Now we have people whose postings
might be used in the DSM appendix as characteristic of a new disorder,
or new manifestations of an older one.

For the idiots posting, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual is used
by mental health professionals to reduce a constellation of symptoms
to a number for referral and billing purposes. Too bad the number 0 is
not available, and negative numbers are not used. But if ever there
was an argument for them. . .

QED
Old April 4th 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 3, 12:08*pm, a wrote:
New visitors, or older group members, might enjoy clicking on

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...piloting/about

and then click on a month in 2006 or 2007, to look back on a time when
this group actually had some aviation content.

This one appreciates you taking the time marking the threads non
aviation. Helps glean out the wheat from the chaff. Thanks!

Old April 4th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

a wrote:
On Apr 4, 11:07*am, " wrote:
On Apr 3, 12:08*pm, a wrote:

New visitors, or older group members, might enjoy clicking on

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...piloting/about

and then click on a month in 2006 or 2007, to look back on a time when
this group actually had some aviation content.

This one appreciates you taking the time marking the threads non
aviation. *Helps glean out the wheat from the chaff. *Thanks!

Join in the effort!

Disagree. I have yet to see a post that isn't obviously off-topic by simple
inspection of the contents of either the "subject" header or the "from"
header.

So I believe your efforts are, at best, redundant. At worst they may simply
feed into the psychological problems of the perp. He's been posting under
multiple handles from the same x-privat.org account and holding
conversations with himself. That's not exactly the sign of mental stability
or any sort of grip on rational thinking.

Also, I don't see the point of quoting the entire posts.
Old April 4th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 4, 4:17*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:

Disagree. I have yet to see a post that isn't obviously off-topic by simple
inspection of the contents of either the "subject" header or the "from"
header.

Actually Jim for those that use Google Groups, changing the subject
line does help filter out the wheat from the chaff. Unfortunately,
when one replies to a sub message within the thread, it changes the
subject line back.

In another medical group I am participating in, I have been changing
the subject line to spam and with the concerted effort of other
regulars in the group, the troll in that group is now spitting in his
own spam threads. Turning out to be a win win situation as now his
stuff is munged with spammers, we have less initiated threads by him
and he can't get the readership from new visitors that he wants and
needs.via the subject line displayed in Google groups. Without a kill
filter in Google Groups, this effort from other group participants
really has made a huge difference and we really can do a self
moderated filtering system ourselves. We don't even read what the
troll posts, it could be the cried wolf syndrome and be on topic, we
just nail him with changing the subject line and move on with
participation of on topic issues.

Also, I don't see the point of quoting the entire posts.

Agree, in a couple of threads I just did myself, I change the subject
line to non aviation and only left the first line of the poster
posting off topic material. I removed all other cross posted groups
and replied only to this group.

Google groups has it's inherited problems specifically with the
subject line because it's not so obvious with the edit subject link
and also the reply to feature. So existing threads are pretty
difficult to manage especially when they start on topic and then drift
off topic, but new threads that are off topic from get go, very easy
to get control of that subject line.

For this to work, it will take the concerted effort of many to get rid
of the few :-) and it will be a cat and mouse game. With my other
group, the majority has turned the tide. I know this because I looked
on his profile and his postings have reduced by 1/3 in one month we
started and his responses now show frustration. And it will take
persistence as you already indirectly pointed out for this to work.
Old April 4th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 4, 3:37*pm, a wrote:
On Apr 4, 11:07*am, " wrote:

On Apr 3, 12:08*pm, a wrote:

New visitors, or older group members, might enjoy clicking on

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...piloting/about

and then click on a month in 2006 or 2007, to look back on a time when
this group actually had some aviation content.

This one appreciates you taking the time marking the threads non
aviation. *Helps glean out the wheat from the chaff. *Thanks!

Join in the effort!

Gladly and I did a couple just before responding to Jim! There are
some tricky situations we as a group would need to do for this to work
and not add to the problem (responding to off topics via cross posting
and existing threads)

See my response to Jim Logajan.
Old April 5th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Apr 4, 6:53*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 4, 3:37*pm, a wrote:

On Apr 4, 11:07*am, " wrote:

On Apr 3, 12:08*pm, a wrote:

New visitors, or older group members, might enjoy clicking on

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...piloting/about

and then click on a month in 2006 or 2007, to look back on a time when
this group actually had some aviation content.

This one appreciates you taking the time marking the threads non
aviation. *Helps glean out the wheat from the chaff. *Thanks!

Join in the effort!

Gladly and I did a couple just before responding to Jim! *There are
some tricky situations we as a group would need to do for this to work
and not add to the problem (responding to off topics via cross posting
and existing threads)

See my response to Jim Logajan.

Be sure to strip out the cross posting if you want to take part in the
effort. If nothing else it's going to annoy the jerks since their ever
so clever attempts will not be distinguished by a unique subject.

Old April 5th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 4, 6:06*pm, a wrote:

Be sure to strip out the cross posting if you want to take part in the
effort. If nothing else it's going to annoy the jerks since their ever
so clever attempts will not be distinguished by a unique subject.

Yep I am being conciencious of doing this. What you say above is the
key for us getting our group back :-)

I will only do this to "initiated and already known off topic threads"
that are not aviation related. It only takes a second and as you will
see, I just leave the one line showing who posted the off topic
material. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to work with thread
drift as I encountered in my other group.

Persistence will be the key to success but it will be as I said
earlier a cat and mouse game. If my experience in the other group
trues out here, they will get tired of the "majority" if we can get
others to join in in our revolt to get back this group.

In the beginning it will seem to be a non aviation topic fray, but
when you think about it, by having them focus in their attempts to re
control old threads, they are not posting new threads. So, on short
term, post count may go up, but new thread count will go down.

At least this was my experience in the other group.
Old April 5th 10, 10:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel[_6_]

In article ,
Martin Hotze wrote:

So use a real usenet account. :-)
I offered more than once a free usenet account on our newsserver here

Once again, thanks for the account.

Bob

old days Airman Rotorcraft 23 January 2nd 07 01:36 PM
OK, so who out there remembers the good old days Aviation CDs Products 0 March 18th 06 12:35 AM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM
Just a few more days Louis L. Perley III Owning 1 December 31st 04 01:36 PM
Good Ole Days Bob Moore Piloting 2 November 16th 04 02:43 AM