Why didn't GWB join the U.S. Air Force ?

Old July 15th 04, 06:17 PM
ian maclure

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:35:54 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:13:48 -0400, "sanjian"
wrote:

Ace wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:02:24 -0400, "Leslie Swartz"
wrote:

So, by your own admission, in *The Great Democracy*, some people's
votes count, others don't?

When did this great Republic turn into a democracy???

Are you saying that the US isn't a democracy?

Its a Republic. We elect all sorts of critters to various
levels of Gummint. Whether it is a Democracy ( upper case D )
in the strictest sense of the word is up to you to decide.
It is certainly far more of a democracy (lower case d) than
any of the so-called "Democratic or People's Republics" with
which this world is infested.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old July 15th 04, 06:19 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ace" wrote in message

This is very rum.

I ask a simple question and I get three different answers.

Q: Who had the greater number of votes [popular vote by context] cast
in their favour, Bush or Gore?

A1: Bush
A2: It doesn't matter
A3: No one knows

Actually, context implies electoral votes simply because the national
popular vote is meaningless.

I suspect the answer is Gore and you are all wrong.

The best answer regarding the national popular vote then is "unknown". The
difference was within the margin of error. There were a number of overseas
absentee ballots thrown out, those traditionally favor the Republican
candidate. There were instances of multiple voting and other fraudulent
voting that traditionally favor the Democratic candidate. It's likely more
valid votes were actually cast for Bush than for Gore.

My information is that Al Gore won 50,999,897 votes and George Bush
won 50,456,002 votes.

But Bush won more states and more counties than Gore.

Old July 15th 04, 06:21 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ace" wrote in message

The public vote.

If by "public vote" you're referring to the national popular vote total,
it's irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the election of the president.

Old July 15th 04, 06:23 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ian maclure" wrote in message
news

Are you saying that the US isn't a democracy?

Its a Republic.

It's a republic on paper, a democracy in fact.

Old July 15th 04, 06:23 PM
ian maclure

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:41:54 +0100, Ace wrote:

[snip]

Bush. He had 271 votes, and Gore had 266:

Out of 250,000,000 or so voters? You are changing the question again.

No, he's denying your antecedents.
that's how you deal with nonsensical questions if you find simply
stating "Mu" to be intellectally unsatisfying.
And by the way, the total population of the US is something like
270 Million IIRC. Means there's probably something like 100+
Million voters.

If you'd ask us your real question I'm sure we could answer it
but don't try to restrict the answers to inappropriate values.

You'll find trying to lawyer makes you really unpopular.

Old July 15th 04, 06:24 PM
ian maclure

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:43:50 +0100, Ace wrote:

[snip]

No, those who do not follow the law do not have views I believe in.

So you are saying that four of the Supreme Court Judges do not follow
the law?

OK, now here's a question with a short simple answer.

Yes!

Thats exactly what we are saying.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old July 15th 04, 07:38 PM
Jack

Brooks Gregory wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote...:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:58:50 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:29:00 -0500, "D. Strang"...wrote:

"Ace" wrote:

To think that these poor *******s still hang on to this just goes to show
you how vacant they have become on ideas that will help this country. I find
it most comical.

Which poor *******(s) are you talking about?

A little judicious editing of previous posts would sure help the
presentation of whatever idea it is you were trying to present.

When it come to vacancy neither major party has the advantage. How to
spend the money and get more of it is the main activity in Washington DC.

Jack
Old July 15th 04, 08:45 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ace" wrote in message

So some people's votes ate worth more than other's?

Ehh? Votes don't eat.

Old July 15th 04, 08:46 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ace" wrote in message

If by "public vote" you're referring to the national popular vote total,
it's irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the election of the

president.

Eh!?

What part did you not understand?