Im ashamed for all of us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th 21, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Someone watching

Default Im ashamed for all of us.

Soaring friends! I've spent my life in soaring and have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to attract a younger crowd. Pictures of Old guys in glider hats has always been at the bottom of my list of ways. Until I heard some news out of Moriarty NM Where a gentleman from Mexico bought a hangar and some gliders there with the expectation that him and his 15 year old son would be taken in with open arms in our small loving community and be tought to fly. AWESOME right? Hook someone young with the means to broadcast soaring over multiple countries and help keep the next generation in!
Sounds like the start of something great Until the 15 year old taking a walk around the airport and is asked by unnamed Stemme owner if he walked or swam over the border. Which promptly caused the father to see we apparently have some racist scumbags in this small community and sell his newly acquired glider stuff to get away. So thank you DStemme owner, you have officially lowered the bar of humanity for us.