Presidential TFR @ Kill Devil Hills

Old December 17th 03, 03:34 AM
Michael 182

Wasn't he on Sesame Street?

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

We haven't had an intelligent president since Grover Cleveland.

Old December 17th 03, 03:52 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Michael 182" wrote in message
If I remember correctly, McGovern lost 49 or 50 states, or something like
that. His military record would have made no difference. I just think the
irony is interesting.

McGovern's war record was known, he just choose not to trade on it (to his
credit).

While McGovern lost badly (he only carried DC) he also had a political
program similar to Howard Dean's today.

Interestingly, when he quit politics, he owned and operated a hotel back
East, which went bankrupt. He later said, to effect, that "If knew when in
office what I know now, my voting would have been very different.", (he had
a very anti-business voting record).

Tom
-----
F33A @ 00V

Old December 17th 03, 03:53 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Michael 182" wrote in message
Maybe I was unclear. I said there was some skepticism, which there

certainly
is. I believe if you look at my previous post I was supporting Bush,

which,
by the way, I almost never do on any other issue. If that wasn't clear I
wrote it poorly. Given that I never served in the military I am in no
position, nor am I questioning Bush's service. Or anyone else's.

Especially since Bob's post is a blatent non-sequitur.

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article JsHDb.566151$Tr4.1535566@attbi_s03, "Michael 182"
wrote:

Everything can be analyzed on a continuium. Yes, President Bush did
server
in the National Guard. There is some question about his motives, hence
the
skepticism.

Several of my uncles joined rather than waiting to be drafted.
I guess you want to question their motives...

--
Bob Noel

Old December 17th 03, 03:54 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news9QDb.67856$8y1.262020@attbi_s52...
Wasn't he on Sesame Street?

No...you're thinking of "Gonzo"; he was president from 1933-1945.

Old December 17th 03, 04:16 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Montblack" wrote in message

Bush has the great (double) misfortune of being:

1. One of our least intelligent Presidents.
2. Following one of the most intelligent Presidents this country has ever
had.

Bush is clearly more intelligent than Clinton. Now, you'll of course
disagree with that, but if you examine their administrations you find that
Bush has accomplished more in three years than Clinton did in eight.

Old December 17th 03, 04:20 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

Hey, at least he made President Carter look good.

Carter was a poor president, no question about it. But when Carter spoke I
tended to believe he meant what he said, that he was sincere if misguided.
I never believed a word Clinton said.

Old December 17th 03, 04:24 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Philip Sondericker" wrote in message

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/document.htm

The documents on this page aren't totally conclusive, but it would appear
from the available evidence that Mr. Bush was AWOL.

So now I just have to sort through those documents to find support for your
position?

Old December 17th 03, 04:26 AM
Morgans

"Montblack" wrote

2. Following one of the most intelligent Presidents this country has ever
had.
--
Montblack

You are kidding, right?
--
Jim in NC

Old December 17th 03, 04:36 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Montblack" wrote in message

Bush has the great (double) misfortune of being:

1. One of our least intelligent Presidents.
2. Following one of the most intelligent Presidents this country has

ever
had.

Bush is clearly more intelligent than Clinton. Now, you'll of course
disagree with that, but if you examine their administrations you find that
Bush has accomplished more in three years than Clinton did in eight.

At least he didn't screw up as much stuff as Clinton did (and yes, he did
lay the ground work for running the 90's boom into the ditch).

I shudder to think what would have happened, post 9/11, if Gore had been in
office.

That said, I'll not vote to re-elect Bush, but I also shudder to think where
we'll end up with Dean, or worse yet, Hillary in office.