funjet??????????

Old September 22nd 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
houstondan

Default funjet??????????

Terror as pilot tells passengers: this plane's a deathtrap

A jet carrying 180 British tourists was grounded when its pilot
announced: "Do not fly with this plane, it is not safe."

The holidaymakers were about to take off back to Bristol Airport from
Antalya, Turkey, when a strange sound came from the Airbus A321's
engines.

Then the captain announced: "I am resigning from my job. Do not fly
with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

The unnamed pilot walked off the aircraft, leaving the passengers in
38C heat without air conditioning.

They were eventually told to leave the aircraft, retrieve their luggage
and go back to the terminal, where an alternative flight was arranged.
Passenger Jade Barrett, said: "The pilot made his announcement and then
walked off the plane. Some people started laughing nervously but others
were crying and almost screaming.

"Everyone was terrified and we did not know what was happening but in
the end they told us to get off the plane."

Up to 20 of the passengers were so scared they refused to board the
replacement and tried to find other flights home.

A spokesman for Goldtrail, the company which chartered last week's
flight, said: "The employee in question was serving his notice. There
was a problem between him and the airline and he turned it into a
bigger problem."