Visiting the U.S of A.

Old April 12th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Alexander

Default Visiting the U.S of A.

Hi guys, I am thinking of crossing the pond later this
year and was hoping to do some gliding while over there.
I am looking for a club or clubs near the following
places.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Bryan Texas.
Dublin Georgia.

When I flew in Tehachapi some years ago I managed to
have an instructor come along with me in the glider
as a safety pilot.
Why do i want a safety pilot I hear you ask.

I am 73 years old and although fit as the proverbial
fiddle I do not take unecessary risks.

Any Phone numbers,e mail addys and locations would
be most welcome.
Should have said that I am flying a cobra 15 at the
moment.

Thanks guys.

Old April 13th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 12, 3:39 pm, Bill Alexander
wrote:
Hi guys, I am thinking of crossing the pond later this
year and was hoping to do some gliding while over there.
I am looking for a club or clubs near the following
places.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Bryan Texas.
Dublin Georgia.

When I flew in Tehachapi some years ago I managed to
have an instructor come along with me in the glider
as a safety pilot.
Why do i want a safety pilot I hear you ask.

I am 73 years old and although fit as the proverbial
fiddle I do not take unecessary risks.

Any Phone numbers,e mail addys and locations would
be most welcome.
Should have said that I am flying a cobra 15 at the
moment.

Thanks guys.

Your challenge will be to find a younger check pilot ;-)
Have fun,
Best Regards, Dave

Old April 13th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Hello Bill,
I am the Club's instructor for the Tulsa Skyhawks Soaring Club.
We are near Broken Arrow, OK. Please give me a call when you
are in the area and I will get you in the air. Looking forward to
meeting you.

http://web.mac.com/rgteel/iWeb/TSSC/Home.html

Randy Teel

Old April 16th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SAM 303a

The Soaring Club of Houston is near Bryan. Our web page is at
www.scoh.org . We are quite an international crowd and it would be our
pleasure for you to visit us. If you call the number listed on the web page,
you'll even get to speak with someone with a Yorkshire accent.

Old April 17th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ucsdcpc

I'm also from the UK and have paid a couple of visits to SCOH and can say that
I've been made most welcome both times.

here are some photos I took on my first visit

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris_g...in_houston.htm

Chris

SAM 303a wrote:
[...]

Visiting Rome CWO4 Dave Mann Aviation Photos 8 March 1st 07 12:56 PM
Visiting Florida Thank You Piloting 2 February 3rd 05 09:20 PM
Visiting Florida Thank You Owning 0 February 1st 05 01:41 AM
Visiting NYC Chris Piloting 10 January 19th 05 03:45 AM
Visiting La Paz?? Robert M. Gary Piloting 4 January 7th 05 09:54 PM