Tips on Flying to Dulles

Old May 17th 05, 01:35 AM
Jay Beckman

"Margy" wrote in message

SNIP

The whole idea of the day is to show museum visitors that ANYONE can
"Become a Pilot". In addition to the planes flying in there will also be
many activities going on inside the museum.

Aside to Jay - shouldn't be a problem landing Dulles early.
Margy

This sounds so awesome!

Wish I was within flying/driving distance and not out here in the already
over 100 degree desert southwest.

Good luck with the day and I hope there will be pictures, descriptions and
accounts posted somewhere after the fact.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old May 17th 05, 01:59 AM
Matt Whiting

Margy wrote:

The whole idea of the day is to show museum visitors that ANYONE can
"Become a Pilot". In addition to the planes flying in there will also
be many activities going on inside the museum.

Aside to Jay - shouldn't be a problem landing Dulles early.

So you are saying that if Jay can become a pilot then anyone can? :-)

Matt
Old May 17th 05, 02:08 AM
Margy

Flyingmonk wrote:
That's great Jay. Tell Margy Sue can show her the mall, LOL. Assuming
that Margy loves to shop. The offer's good, just let me know prior and
we'll work out the detail. Manassas is thirty minutes away, Leesburg
is 12-15 min. away from Dulles, these two places are probably 10 times
(gross exaggeration) cheaper, fuel and tie-downs or hangering. Let me
know what you want to know and I'll see if I can get you some answers.

Bryan

Well, I hate to shop and when I think "show her the mall" I'm thinking
the museums on THE MALL. I hope Jay, Mary and the kids stay in town for
a bit. We should all go out for dinner and I can probably swing a day
off to do the museum stuff.

Margy
Old May 18th 05, 02:54 AM
Margy

Matt Whiting wrote:
Margy wrote:

The whole idea of the day is to show museum visitors that ANYONE can
"Become a Pilot". In addition to the planes flying in there will also
be many activities going on inside the museum.

Aside to Jay - shouldn't be a problem landing Dulles early.

So you are saying that if Jay can become a pilot then anyone can? :-)

Matt

Gee, I guess so :-), My F-16's budget got cut so he won't be coming, but
maybe I can find another one.

Margy
Old May 18th 05, 02:58 PM
Jay Honeck

*** Snip from Bryan: ***

That's great Jay. Tell Margy Sue can show her the mall, LOL. Assuming
that Margy loves to shop. The offer's good, just let me know prior and
we'll work out the detail. Manassas is thirty minutes away, Leesburg
is 12-15 min. away from Dulles, these two places are probably 10 times
(gross exaggeration) cheaper, fuel and tie-downs or hangering. Let me
know what you want to know and I'll see if I can get you some answers.

Bryan, I think you may have your women mixed up. (I *hate* that when that
happens...;-) "Mary" is my wife. "Margy" is the lady who is organizing the
show at Udvar-Hazy.

You also have to realize that Mary is (God love her!) a pilot, too, and
would probably rather explore the NASM than go to any mall in the world.
But I'll pass the offer along to her! :-)

Also, I think that Margy is working on a deal so that we can park at Dulles
without selling our first-born.

*** Snip from Margy: ***

Well, I hate to shop and when I think "show her the mall" I'm thinking the
museums on THE MALL. I hope Jay, Mary and the kids stay in town for a
bit. We should all go out for dinner and I can probably swing a day off
to do the museum stuff.

I don't know yet how long we can stay. A lot is going to depend on
staffing at the hotel, and what arrangements we've got for lodging, cars,
etc. Since Bryan has kindly offered us free lodging, it looks like we're
set in that regard -- but other things are very much in flux.

Do you have any info on parking/landing fees yet? If we stay for several
days, are they going to crucify us with gigantic parking fees?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 18th 05, 05:49 PM
Flyingmonk

Sorry I got you mixed up with ay's wife. I get my women mixed up all
the time...

Margy wrote, "The whole idea of the day is to show museum visitors that
ANYONE can
"Become a Pilot".:

Even a Monk? ;^)
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...MindFlying.jpg

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old May 18th 05, 05:52 PM
Flyingmonk

Sounds great! Sorry I got you mixed up with Jay's wife, but you too
are welcome to join in.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old May 18th 05, 05:58 PM
Flyingmonk

All,

My car seats seven and I have access to another one that'll seat seven,
if you want to make the rounds in DC with the whole entourage... ;^).
We can even park close to the White House and Moon Pres. Bush! (If
your're so inclined...) ;^) That'll be something huh? two cars pull
up, fourteen people get out and moon the White House! ;^)

I love the freedom we have in this country. This WILL be protected
under the Freedom of Expression or Speech or something right? Right?
No? Oh, well...

Bryan

Old May 18th 05, 09:02 PM
Jay Honeck

I love the freedom we have in this country. This WILL be protected
under the Freedom of Expression or Speech or something right? Right?
No? Oh, well...

It may be a protected act under the Constitution, but NOTHING will protect
you from my kids going "EEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!"

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 19th 05, 03:40 PM
Flyingmonk

Mine will think its funny, unless their friends are around, then
they'll think it's gross. ;^) Ah peer pressure...