Another weird YouTube plane video

Old February 1st 08, 09:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student
William Hung[_2_]

Default Another weird YouTube plane video

On Jan 31, 8:44*pm, James Sleeman wrote:
On Feb 1, 1:05*pm, "gatt" wrote:

Awesome landing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y214x...eature=related

That's not an emergency landing.

This is an emergency landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SL-C...List&p=1B3F256...

Skip to about 4 minutes in.

That "plane" is a Sabre trike, it stalls in the low 20s IIRC. Try
that same spot in a spam can and he wouldn't have lived to tell his
tale.

http://www.ultralighthomepage.com/PICS/sabre01.gif

il
Old February 1st 08, 09:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Stefan

Jim Macklin schrieb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY

Swiss Alps in a Baron

This is Courchevel, in the *French* Alps. So much for dumbasses on
youtube and ignorant journalists.
Old February 1st 08, 10:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"gatt" wrote in news:13q4ogfhs1qr8f5
@corp.supernews.com:

Too bad about the comments, but, this is an interesting video. Pretty
resilient airplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcURm...eature=related

I can't even figure out WTF this guy was trying to do! Aside from anything
else, the driver in the car had to have been a bit worried about getting
chopped up if it all went wrong..
Old February 1st 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"ManhattanMan" wrote in
:

gatt wrote:
Too bad about the comments, but, this is an interesting video.
Pretty resilient airplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcURm...eature=related

Awesome landing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y214x...eature=related

Oh man, you're right about the comments - what a prick!

Second one I assume was supposed to be an emergency landing;

if it was, it was th ebest one of all time!

Lucky he had a cool camera operator too..

Bertie

Old February 1st 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

buttman wrote in
:

On Jan 31, 5:05 pm, "gatt" wrote:
Too bad about the comments, but, this is an interesting video.
Pretty resilient airplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcURm...eature=related

Awesome
landing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y214x...eature=related

commenters on youtube have been far more polite and insightful than
members on this newsgroup for ages now.

That's a very rude thing to say.

Bertie
Old February 1st 08, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in
:

"gatt" wrote in message

| Too bad about the comments, but, this is an interesting
video. Pretty
| resilient airplane.
|
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcURm...eature=related
|
| Awesome landing:
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y214x...eature=related

And that's the wussy airport! Meribel, nearby, is even hairier. I
haven't been to either "field", but I know someone who regularly flies
out of Meribel in a Jodel on skis. If I remember correctly, there is an
alarm in the clubhouse and if anyone lands and doesn't make it to the
top of the hill they all run out and grab the airplane before it slides
off the side of the cliff!

http://www.sia.aviation-
civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/VAC/AD/2/0802_AD%
202.LFKX.pdf

The runway length is in meters, so 1300ish feet isn't too bad, but the
elevation ups the ante on that...

You have to have special authorisation to fly there which means training
by the local club. I believe the same applies for Courcheval.

I couldn't find any youtube stuff on it.

Betie

Old February 1st 08, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

(Edward A. Falk) wrote in news:fnu64t$pvq$6
@blue.rahul.net:

In article ,
Jim Macklin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY

Swiss Alps in a Baron

I read about that airport once. You need special training before
you're allowed to use it. The high end of the runway is higher than
the pattern altitude.

Well, I believe you make the approach from mre or less level flight.

Bertie
Old February 1st 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY

Swiss Alps in a Baron

And these are the details for Courcheval.

http://www.sia.aviation-
civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/PDF_AIPparSSection/VAC/AD/2/0802_AD%202.LFLJ.pdf

Bertie
Old February 1st 08, 11:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Stefan

Bertie the Bunyip schrieb:

Well, I believe you make the approach from mre or less level flight.

You believe wrongly.

There are those who comment about piloting without ever having piloted a
real plane, and then there are those who comment about alitports withot
ever having seen one in real.
Old February 1st 08, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Stefan

Bertie the Bunyip schrieb:

I believe the same applies for Courcheval.

I couldn't find any youtube stuff on it.

Correct spelling would certainly help.