A request for Jeffrey Powell

Old January 26th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.music.classical.recordings,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default A request for Jeffrey Powell

On Jan 26, 11:53 am, "clarinet.fan" wrote:
"The God of Odd Statements" wrote in messagenewsan.2007.01.18.05.30.35.32617@statemen ts.likeyours...

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:18:06 +0000, Figaro did most oddly state:
"John Harrington" wrote...
Figaro wrote:
"tomdeacon" wrote...
ansermetniac wrote:
When you are at the AT thing, please ask Mortimer Frank why

1) he hears poor equalization on Naxos and M & A AT cds but not on
BMG CDS

Because he can hear.

2) he recommended the bull**** Immortal series with the fake stereo
and reverb over the same cds in the Collection , in his book

Fake reverb is good.

3) Why on his show on WFUV, years ago , he recommended the Japanese
LP (from the complete set) of the 1939 Leonore # 3 with the fake
reverb over the clean Victrola lp that Dennis Matthews loved

He likes the Japanese and Matthews committed suicide. Unstable guy.

Message for Jeffrey Powell.

Go get lost!

TD

You are locked in a room with Hitler, Stalin and Tom Deacon. You have
a gun
but it has only two bullets in it.
What do you do?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Shoot Deacon twice.

The correct answer is that you shoot Deacon (Hitler and Stalin are
already dead, so there is no point in shooting them). Then you break
out of the room, find powell, and kill him with the remaining bullet,
thus producing a better world for all.

Okay, John. You are in a room with George Bush, Osama bin Laden and Tom
Deacon. You have a gun but only two bullets.

Don't waste any on Osama, he's long-dead.

Say, you guys haven't quite "gotten" that bit about not using AUK to
fight your flamewars, have you? Let me put it in simpler terms: Do your
own ****ing dirty work. If you have a flamewar that has lasted for
years, tough. That's life. AUK was not created to solve your problems.
AUK was created to provide a forum for laughing and poking at people who
post crazy **** to usenet. That may seem heartless and cruel, even
****headed, but no one forces such people to post their crazy ****.
The purpose of usenet is the entertainment of the clueful few at the
expense of the clueless many. If you don't like that, email me with your
address at popesnarky @ gmail.com, and I'll send you a quarter so you
can call someone who cares.

If it becomes necessary for someone to post another such explanation,
I'll make damn sure, in future, to include RMCR (or the relevant
group(s)) in all x-posts, so they might gain a perspective into their
own flamewars from those of other groups. I know RMCR may well feel
neglected by me.

Those loons are all from rec.music.classical.recordings, not
rec.music.classical. We have enough loons of our own without your
crossposting more here.

Are you referring to Dickless, Fartingale and the odd Saucerhead who
poasts to RMC?

Old January 29th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.music.classical.recordings,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Lora Crighton

clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jan 26, 11:53 am, "clarinet.fan" wrote:
"The God of Odd Statements" wrote in

messagenewsan.2007.01.18.05.30.35.32617@statemen ts.likeyours...
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:18:06 +0000, Figaro did most oddly state:
"John Harrington" wrote...
Figaro wrote:
"tomdeacon" wrote...
ansermetniac wrote:
[...]

There are others, but you've named the most annoying ones.

No - the most annoying ones are you and bruce.
Old January 29th 07, 06:06 AM posted to comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy,rec.music.classical
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

On Jan 27, 12:14 pm, "clarinet.fan" wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in ooglegroups.com... On Jan 26, 11:53 am, "clarinet.fan" wrote:
"The God of Odd Statements" wrote inmessagenewsan.2007.01.18.05.30.35.32617@statem ents.likeyours...

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:18:06 +0000, Figaro did most oddly state:
"John Harrington" wrote...
Figaro wrote:
"tomdeacon" wrote...
ansermetniac wrote:
[...]