NBC shows their colors again

Old August 30th 04, 01:18 PM
Barnyard BOb -

Can you say, "just whipser it in my ear"? The media are vultures. They
exploit pain & suffering. That's their job description. But then again
they're only a reflection of the human condition.

Half right. Almost all of the humans I associate with are decent,
God-fearing, people who care more for other people's welfare, either
individual welfare or the welfare of society, than they do for their own.
Many of these folks have proved their concern by service in the military or
in careers such as fire fighting, where one may be called to lay one's life
or health on the line to help a stranger at any moment. They exemplify the
human condition.

P.S. "God" may be whomever and whatever you want.

Rich "Heinlein was right" S.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then you may be as little as_one quarter_right.

I worry NOT about criminals nor atheists...
I know where they are coming from
and am governed *accordianly*.

It's a portion of the proclaimed righteous individuals of the
God/Allah-fearing crowd that scares the bee-jeezus out
of me. Hard to tell when and how they will strike next.

In the past.....
It was the NYC twin towers.

Others will say they currently are raising much
hell, pain, suffering. death and destruction in Iraq
in the name of "whomever and whatever you want".

Barnyard BOb -
Old August 30th 04, 02:10 PM
BllFs6

We should pull the team from the college ranks, not the professional ranks
begin with.

Indeed. There was a time in the Olympics when hiring a professional coach
was frowned upon.

Ive always thought we should go even further.....

You get only one shot at the olympics (ie you only get to go once)....

Youve never particpated in pro atheletics, and that includes college...

Never competed for any prize money/compensation....

And you have a real full time job not associated with sports.

Then there is a national lottery for each sport and anyone who meets the specs
and is drawn from the pool gets to represent the country...

Sure, some of the "atheletes" would be pretty pathetic, but I think they would
be more enjoyable anyway...

Im mean, I sure would be more interested in how Bob the welder is gonna do in
the javelin throw than I am for somebody who's been practicing doing it 80
hours a week for 10 years....

Sure a "pro" athelete can do some amazing things....but to me an
amateur/beginner struggling to do his/her best is much more "uplifting" (and
"braver") than watching some pro try the same thing...

Maybe we allow em to train for a week or 2 between when they are picked and
when they compete...

Of course some nations would cheat like hell and ruin the whole concept.....

take care

Blll
Old August 30th 04, 04:19 PM
RobertR237

We should pull the team from the college ranks, not the professional ranks

begin with.

While the college ranks actually play a team game, much like
international basketball is played, times have changed. Basketball
has spread world wide now and other countries have learned to play the
game. Kids, even talented kids, may not be able to compete against
the more experienced international teams who have had the benefit of
playing together for years and know the international rules.

The era of the dream team is over.

Corky Scott

And that is NOT all bad.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 30th 04, 04:41 PM
Rich S.

"Barnyard BOb -" wrote in message

It's a portion of the proclaimed righteous individuals of the
God/Allah-fearing crowd that scares the bee-jeezus out
of me. Hard to tell when and how they will strike next.

THAT group doesn't meet the definition - to wit:

Almost all of the humans I associate with are
decent, God-fearing, people who care more for other people's welfare,

either
individual welfare or the welfare of society, than they do for their

own.

The ones you're writing about are even worse than NBC's hacks. I try not to
associate with either of those groups. We do occasionally go out to dinner
with a couple of Democrats who live in the neighborhood. A couple from our
church group even had Wes Clark and his wife stay over this weekend.

I even exchange quips with an RV flyin', hard nosed, Truman-era, resurrected
crop duster!

Rich S.

Old August 30th 04, 10:45 PM
Barnyard BOb -

The ones you're writing about are even worse than NBC's hacks. I try not to
associate with either of those groups. We do occasionally go out to dinner
with a couple of Democrats who live in the neighborhood. A couple from our
church group even had Wes Clark and his wife stay over this weekend.

I even exchange quips with an RV flyin', hard nosed, Truman-era, resurrected
crop duster!

Rich S.

How swave and de-boner of you not to mention his name.

Barnyard BOb - suave and debonaire, too. g