Tent basics // Oshkosh prep

Old December 31st 03, 04:43 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jim Weir" wrote in message ...

Wisconsin has two seasons ... shoveling and swatting.

Jim

It has four seasons, three of them are called winter.

Old December 31st 03, 06:20 PM
Jay Honeck

It has four seasons, three of them are called winter.

No, it's ALL winter -- with three months of bad skiing...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 31st 03, 06:37 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:3sEIb.22700$xX.81630@attbi_s02...
It has four seasons, three of them are called winter.

No, it's ALL winter -- with three months of bad skiing...

No good skiing in Wisconsin regardless of the season.

Old December 31st 03, 07:12 PM
Jay Honeck

No, it's ALL winter -- with three months of bad skiing...

No good skiing in Wisconsin regardless of the season.

Actually, there are many excellent cross-country ski trails throughout the
state.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 31st 03, 07:39 PM
EDR

In article ucFIb.698244$HS4.4999640@attbi_s01, Jay Honeck
wrote:

No, it's ALL winter -- with three months of bad skiing...

No good skiing in Wisconsin regardless of the season.

Actually, there are many excellent cross-country ski trails throughout the
state.

I thought you were going to say something like, "The skiing in
Wisconsin is all downhill until you get to Iowa." :-))
Old December 31st 03, 10:54 PM
Jay Honeck

I thought you were going to say something like, "The skiing in
Wisconsin is all downhill until you get to Iowa." :-))

We've only been able to go cross-country skiing here once since moving to
Iowa in '97. The winters have simply been too erratic for the DNR to groom
the trails. (Although actually the same thing has been happening in
Wisconsin. In the 80s we could count on a foot or more of snow on the
trails throughout the winter. Not anymore.)

That, and spring comes about 2 weeks earlier here than in WI.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

How I got to Oshkosh (long) Doug Owning 2 August 18th 03 12:05 AM
Oshkosh 2003 Redux Montblack Owning 86 August 14th 03 04:29 PM
Oshkosh 2003 Redux Montblack Piloting 62 August 14th 03 04:29 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Home Built 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Piloting 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM