FAA ATCT Breakroom find

Old April 11th 05, 01:57 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message

In case you haven't noticed, these kooks are taking over the government,
and suggesting that judges should be killed for handing down decisions
they don't like. One of them is my junior Senator.

Do you have a quote?

Old April 11th 05, 02:18 PM
OtisWinslow

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

"these guys" don't have the support of anyone in our Government.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like

Look again. The agenda of the govt is driven by the Christian right wing
extremists.

Old April 11th 05, 02:33 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"OtisWinslow" wrote in message

Look again. The agenda of the govt is driven by the Christian right wing
extremists.

How so?

Old April 11th 05, 02:50 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message

In case you haven't noticed, these kooks are taking over the government,
and suggesting that judges should be killed for handing down decisions
they don't like. One of them is my junior Senator.

Do you have a quote?

Senator Cornyn:
"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection but we have seen
some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. Certainly
nothing new, but we seem to have run through a spate of courthouse
violence recently that's been on the news and I wonder whether there may
be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some
occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are
unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up
to the point where some people engage in - engage in violence."

So violence against judges is a natural outcome of the fact that they are
"unnaccountable to the public", (such unnaccountability being by design of
the framers of the Constitution, by the way).

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I'm a Darwinian carnivore. I only eat things that weren't fit enough
Old April 11th 05, 03:19 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

Senator Cornyn:
"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection but we have seen
some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. Certainly
nothing new, but we seem to have run through a spate of courthouse
violence recently that's been on the news and I wonder whether there may
be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some
occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are
unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up
to the point where some people engage in - engage in violence."

Where does Senator Cornyn suggest that judges should be killed for handing
down decisions he doesn't like?

So violence against judges is a natural outcome of the fact that they are
"unnaccountable to the public", (such unnaccountability being by design of
the framers of the Constitution, by the way).

"Unaccountable to the public", but not unaccountable. The Constitution says
judges shall hold their offices during good behavior. Acting contrary to
the Constitution is clearly bad behavior.

Old April 11th 05, 03:46 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Steven P. McNicoll" said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

Senator Cornyn:
"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection but we have seen
some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. Certainly
nothing new, but we seem to have run through a spate of courthouse
violence recently that's been on the news and I wonder whether there may
be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some
occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are
unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up
to the point where some people engage in - engage in violence."

Where does Senator Cornyn suggest that judges should be killed for handing
down decisions he doesn't like?

He doesn't, directly. He suggests that violence against judges is a
natural consequence of them making "political decisions", which is code
phrase for "decisions I don't like".

"Unaccountable to the public", but not unaccountable. The Constitution says
judges shall hold their offices during good behavior. Acting contrary to
the Constitution is clearly bad behavior.

I haven't seen any judges acting contrary to the Constitution. On the
contrary, I see them restraining the Executive and Legislative branches
from overstepping their Constitutional authority time and time again.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Today Has Been Two Of Those Days.
Old April 11th 05, 04:07 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

He doesn't, directly.

Nor indirectly.

I haven't seen any judges acting contrary to the Constitution.

It's done regularly. If you're not aware of it you are grossly uninformed.

On the
contrary, I see them restraining the Executive and Legislative branches
from overstepping their Constitutional authority time and time again.

Can you cite any examples?

Old April 11th 05, 04:15 PM

OtisWinslow wrote:

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

"these guys" don't have the support of anyone in our Government.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like

Look again. The agenda of the govt is driven by the Christian right wing
extremists.

Two or Three Sundays ago Brian Lamb, the manager of C-Span, had a guy on his
Sunday night interview program who brags that he is the chief lobbyist for
the Christian Right in DC. He added that the Christian Right was not
organized nor a political force until he started organizing them at the end
of the 1980s, or thereabouts.

He then went on to say, "We, the Christian Right, are very pleased we
finally have our first president."

At that point I couldn't take anymore so I changed to the Comedy Channel.

Old April 11th 05, 04:56 PM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message ...

Two or Three Sundays ago Brian Lamb, the manager of C-Span, had a guy on

his
Sunday night interview program who brags that he is the chief lobbyist for
the Christian Right in DC. He added that the Christian Right was not
organized nor a political force until he started organizing them at the

end
of the 1980s, or thereabouts.

He then went on to say, "We, the Christian Right, are very pleased we
finally have our first president."

The Christian Right's first president was Ronald Reagan.